ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Official Call of Duty: Black Ops thread ***

172cup
This game is pissing me off now. Going back to the faithful MW2 me thinks!

still playing mw2 multiplayer
About blackops I literally loved the single player but so dissapointed about the multi, looks like has been designed by a monkey.

Never above 25mpg
Don't shoot George Romero. Just let him mosy round, keep running whilst killing zombies. Map is huge but alot easier to learn than Ascension, just got to find a good route round

Astra Twintop
Not impressed with the new maps.
It seems the camping / sniping community have moaned and bitched enough at the developers that they have now caved in, and given them four of their own maps.

Spent 4 minutes charging about two of them, and didn't find anyone. Of the 15 odd matches I played, 11 ended due to the time running out.

TDM for me, is about quick kills, not sitting in a corner!

Mk2 ph1 clio
New zombies is epic tbh, love the new weapons, the scavenger sniper rifle is awesome! still need to find the codes for the dials, im missing the blue one :( apparently its next to the phd flopper perk but i cant see it!

Mk2 ph1 clio
Sussed it the codes 2431 IIRC, and each time you enter it on one colour it affects the other dials! ... all you get is the wundewaffe DG2 though and once its ammo has ran out ... thats it! until you kill george and he drops a perk + Death machine thing.. you get another one with 18 shots in.

Also, why didnt i get the achievement!! and my new gamer picture like everyone else has... do i have to be the one who does it all? pft...

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
You don't get the achievment for shooting him with the PP'd VR-11, you have to actually kill him. You can do it, he just has a huge amount of HP. 4 of us piled into him at the end of a round and it took all our ammo of PP'd RPK's and Ray Guns. He will drop a free perk.

Bus w**ker
Just ordered this, but for 360 now. If it sucks as much as it did on the bug filled PS3 version I'm gonna burn Treyarch to the ground (or possibly just whinge and sulk).

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still lovin black ops online. Just unlocked the commando, it's amazing with red dot and silencer.

Bus w**ker
Errrrrrrgh I've got to go back through and unlock everything again. GOD DAMN IT! I'm gonna suck so frickin' bad and I've got to buy two map packs, never played any of the new levels since giving up on the PS3 version.

Mito Sportiva 135
Symon - you will fly through it! And on the plus side you have experience but fresh stats, no learning curve!

Be good if you notice any other differences between ps3 and 360 versions too.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Not a huge fan of the Escalation maps, particularly Convoy! It just seems so...right angled? A weird way to describe it maybe. It's quite poor, imo. Same with Zoo, it's quite rubbish, it looks like it's designed for Snipers, but each snipe point is far too obvious!

Hotel, on the other hand, is a cool map, loving CTF on that!

Bus w**ker
Symon - you will fly through it! And on the plus side you have experience but fresh stats, no learning curve!

I hope you're right, I still don't really like the 360 controller but I think that's just because I'd so used to PS. Would be nice to go in and pwn some level 15 prestige jumped up little kid as a rank 1 with nothing more than an M16 LOL.

I'm hoping that it's not as buggy as the PS3 version, I loved the game and the way it played as it matches my run and gun "style" and the 2 new maps will make it like a whole new game for me.

Mk2 ph1 clio
I kinda like Zoo, but then again i loved carnival on MW2 and it reminds me of that in a way! guess i prefer the "28 days later" look to a map!

Loving the new zombies though!

Mk2 ph1 clio
Had some awesome games since the PSN came back up.

Unlocked Ghost pro, scavenger pro, hacker pro, warlord pro and hardline pro all last night/this morning :)

Still prefer MW2 for Search, watching videos on Blops SND it looks slow paced and dull!

Bus w**ker

Ranking up pretty quickly and annoying a lot of prestige with nothing more than an M16 or MP5 lol. But mostly getting my arse handed too me by f**king no scopers...WTF thought that had been coded out? Don't remember it happening on PS3.

However so far the 360 version is so much better. It's not locked up once, host migration actually works, no games have been dropped or lobbies randomly closed and most importantly no lag.

Bad points for 360 are the f**king knobs with headsets, fair enough PSN had it's fair share but on XBL it seems to be usually all annoying little yank chopstains screaming, cursing and generally crying because they've been shot.

Need to get the two map packs too...but that can wait until I've at least got my beloved AK74u back first.

So to summarise. 360 > PS3.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Have it for both consoles .. now PSN is back.. wont be touching it on 360.

The new zombies is awesome, the trophies on it are harder than the last lot they dumped into Ascension.. I like this challenge! also the fact you get a playercard emblem to use from the single player trophy and co-op ones!

LY 182
Ranking up pretty quickly and annoying a lot of prestige with nothing more than an M16 or MP5 lol. But mostly getting my arse handed too me by f**king no scopers...WTF thought that had been coded out? Don't remember it happening on PS3.

However so far the 360 version is so much better. It's not locked up once, host migration actually works, no games have been dropped or lobbies randomly closed and most importantly no lag.

Bad points for 360 are the f**king knobs with headsets, fair enough PSN had it's fair share but on XBL it seems to be usually all annoying little yank chopstains screaming, cursing and generally crying because they've been shot.

Need to get the two map packs too...but that can wait until I've at least got my beloved AK74u back first.

So to summarise. 360 > PS3.

I've never seen frequent no scoping since having the game from launch. Weird.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Had a few cracking games on FR last night. Feels so nice playing it fresh after 3 months out.

Ak47 was in epic mode!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I was killin it last night, had a personal best game of 29-9, 2 of those deaths were from my own fcuking napalm strikes. doh.

Just hit level 50 - didn't realise prestige was effectively level 51. hmmmm should i?

Are the map packs were buying?

I went to play on this last night. Xbox wouldn't let me download a system update though, ffs. Kept giving an error message and to check network connection.
I know the net was working as my iPhone and PS3 would both connect fine.
It wouldn't even let me go onto the XBL menu either, so that I could check to see if it was infact the connection. (even though I know it was connected to the net as 1. how would it know to update and 2. it said that I had signed into XBL).
FFS!

Bus w**ker
Dear god I feel like a n00b playing this. Swear to god I wasn't this s**t on PS3, ranking up quickly though and will have my pro perks back hopefully soon. THEN I'LL HAVE MY REVENGE (or more excuses).

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I was killin it last night, had a personal best game of 29-9, 2 of those deaths were from my own fcuking napalm strikes. doh.

Just hit level 50 - didn't realise prestige was effectively level 51. hmmmm should i?

Are the map packs were buying?

Definitely get the maps, but don't bother going Prestige if it's taken you this long to rank to 50.

I wish I hadn't now. Just concentrate on getting your Pro perks.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I only play s and d or zombies on this now. Still has issues with lag and the fact n00bs don't have a clue how to play s and d and I seem to always get them on my team. Still beast on it though.

Bus w**ker
I've never understood the whole prestige thing, spend all your time ranking up to get better weapons and perks...only to prestige and lose the lot. Where's the benefit in that?

Just got this will be online tonight for my first online ass kicking. Noob.

Jay_Simo if anyone wants to help me out :rasp:

Weeman sucks ****
Has anyone had problems loading black ops? For some reason mine won't load, on ps3!

I've deleted game data and tried that but nothing. Any comments would be great...