ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Official Call of Duty: Black Ops thread ***

Astra CDTI SRI
CVG said:
Call Of Duty 7 will carry the name 'CoD: Black Ops' when it arrives in November, and feature missions set in various recent conflicts - including at least one as an SAS operative - according to online reports.

Hardcore CoD site Tek9 (spotted by MapModNews.com) cites 'undisclosed sources at Activision' as having confirmed the existence of 'Black Ops' - and a few alleged game details.

The report says that 'Call of Duty 7 will be set in recent history, between WWII and present day' and will feature missions in Cuba and South America among others - suggesting the title won't be solely set in Vietnam as previously thought.

The source also claims that in certain missions players are able to take control of a member of Britain's SAS. One of these SAS missions reportedly places you in close combat during a mission in the Iranian embassy in London during the 1980s.

The site also says the game will be coming in November - something trade sources told CVG earlier this year.

We'll check in with Activision, but expect the usual 'rumour and speculation' comment...

Iranian embassy siege? Sign me up now!

S3, Polo
Re: COD 7 - Black Ops

^ There has been a new Call of Duty, every year for the last 3 or 4 years.

Fingers crossed Treyarch bring something new to the table again (Nazi Zombies?). For all the grief they get, I actually enjoyed World at War...

Fabia VRS

Hmmm ... if it made by treyarch it will be s**t, but if its done by infinity ward it will be rushed

either way it will be a let down just like cod6 was

Not a 320d

Hmmm ... if it made by treyarch it will be s**t, but if its done by infinity ward it will be rushed

either way it will be a let down just like cod6 was

BINGO !!

Same old s**t, same old engine, same old gameplay.

Its time they created a new engine. Yes?!

I swear to god, COD6 feels just like Cod1 did. Which was a great game !!

Fabia VRS

BINGO !!

Same old s**t, same old engine, same old gameplay.

Its time they created a new engine. Yes?!

I swear to god, COD6 feels just like Cod1 did. Which was a great game !!

god forbid!!

and even if they do bring it out, what the first thing people will do?

hack it, then make the game irrelivent..

Its irrelevant who makes it, same engine, same game!

Same huge sales figures!!!!!

Mountune Tractor

Regardless of who makes it I will buy it, hell I will pre order in the summer probably!
Nobody liked WAW because it was boring old world war 2 again, but I really like that genre even if it has been done to death. Would love to see this new game being set in the 70's and 80's, retro weapons and ammo FTW. I think Treyarch will have picked up on everything that people hate about MW2 and hopefully won't make the same mistakes.

Facelift R53 Cooper S

It will be crap, but we'll be blinded by 'new features' and buy it anyway........

"OMG You can control the SAS Alsation, best game evaaaaaar!"

:(

172 Cup
*** Official Call of Duty 7 (Aka CoD: Black Ops) thread ***

Early days I know but the first teaser website has now launched - http://www.gknova6.com/

Looks to be referring to the Cuban missile crisis which links in to other rumours leaked earlier in the year.

172 Cup
Re: *** Official Call of Duty 7 (Aka CoD: Black Ops) thread ***

It's 14mb SWF (Flash) file so give it a minute or two to load.

Bus w**ker

Has it been confirmed for COD now then? Was rumoured to be either Black Ops or Fallout: Vegas (or whatever it's called).

AK

M240i

iAren't sure I understand the site lol..

172 Cup

I've seen some people suggest it could be related to Fallout: New Vegas but I'm pretty sure it's COD7 related.

AK

M240i

Is this going to be done by the same lot that did WAW?

Bus w**ker

Dear god, go google gknova6 and read some of the f**king nerds trying to figure out which game it's about. Some are deciphering the "code" which says Nova six, apparently, others are studying the red flashing light and some just seem to be making random s**t up about something relating to the second week in April.

None of them seem to have figured out that if you turn the knob thing on the TV all the way to the left that it tunes the TV in and rumours are that they are all still virgins.

AK

M240i

Oh, i didn't know about turning the knob :eek:..

I've already created a website to speculate :eek:

57 Clio Campus Sport

Really, a thread already? I don't think there's going to be much more info for a while

172 Cup

Really, a thread already? I don't think there's going to be much more info for a while

There wasn't much info when I started the MW2 thread.. Or the BC2 thread.. Or the MOH thread.. But it saves people starting 157 threads on the same subject over the next few months.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Call Of Duty 7 will carry the name 'CoD: Black Ops' when it arrives in November, and feature missions set in various recent conflicts - including at least one as an SAS operative - according to online reports.

Hardcore CoD site Tek9 (spotted by MapModNews.com) cites 'undisclosed sources at Activision' as having confirmed the existence of 'Black Ops' - and a few alleged game details.

The report says that 'Call of Duty 7 will be set in recent history, between WWII and present day' and will feature missions in Cuba and South America among others - suggesting the title won't be solely set in Vietnam as previously thought.

The source also claims that in certain missions players are able to take control of a member of Britain's SAS. One of these SAS missions reportedly places you in close combat during a mission in the Iranian embassy in London during the 1980s.

The site also says the game will be coming in November - something trade sources told CVG earlier this year.

We'll check in with Activision, but expect the usual 'rumour and speculation' comment...

:)

Mk1 MX-5 next summer

I would love it to be like that but shirley it's to early days for anyone to know officially.

M2 / Golf GTI

Looks like a load of s**t to me, whats the point of that shitty website.

Goliath I

If it is the new COD then the code should be ....

No**Mor3***l @ g...

Sorted.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF

oooooooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhhh

S3, Polo

I read on IGN that it could relate to Singularity or a new CoD franchise (not necessarily Black Ops)? :S

> IGN news story <

That video is strange.

The first thing I noticed was the blinking light, I don't know morse code, but I'd guess that's what it is.

S3, Polo

That video is strange.

The first thing I noticed was the blinking light, I don't know morse code, but I'd guess that's what it is.

From the article I linked to:

"The blinking light found on the television set is Morse code for the letters RAIS, which could stand for the four announced functions of the Time Manipulation Device found in Singularity: Revert, Age, Impulse, Stasis."

:)

Bus w**ker

Merging threads makes my head hurt.

Astra CDTI SRI

[gt]65044[/gt]

First look of new COD game to be shown on Friday night US time, Saturday morning UK time.