ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Official Call of Duty: Black Ops thread ***

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I guess it comes down to how well the game has been received and reviewed that dictates the price. Take StarCraft 2 on the PC. That's still £34.99 to buy in a lot of places - almost unprecedented in the PC market for that price.

D.

Skoda Fabia vRS
im really worried its not gonna be much cheaper on the day, i think it might be a similar thing to Fifa 11, with most places expecting you to buy shopping to get it cheaper, or trade a particular game in

i think ill be ordering from Very.co.uk

Giulietta 940
I'll definitely be getting this as pretty much all COD campaigns have been great imo.

Just looked at pre ordering it. Feck paying £35 for it on the PC. Get stuffed. And the retail price on the consoles - £54.99?!?!?! Fecking ROFLCOPTER. I know people will end up getting it for much less, but come on guys - get realistic.

I'll wait until its been out for a few weeks and no doubt find loads of places flogging it for £24.99. :)

D.

Steam will discount it before release, and will probably discount it again for Christmas (remember last year's week of discounts?). Otherwise I don't see the price dropping tbh, not for a long while.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
looks good imo, the map looks sweet too. i'll have another look at the vid in abit

Astra SRI/ Hornet
just pre ordered this with amazon : ). says delivery estimated 9th so hope its early or on time. paid 44 with postage. the amount ill play it im not fussed about price.

LY 182
I even like the tweaks with the graphics showing the scores and flashing up with the killstreaks etc. Just looks a bit tidier and I'm a sucker for something nicely designed lol.

LY 182
just pre ordered this with amazon : ). says delivery estimated 9th so hope its early or on time. paid 44 with postage. the amount ill play it im not fussed about price.

Exactly. What's a tenner when it comes to a game you're gonna play for ages. Might go with Amazon too.

Skoda Fabia vRS
well i cant cope anymore, ive pre ordered from Very.co.uk using the discount code

£34 will do me

Tempted to do very.co.uk deal, but don't really wanna sign up to their credit aggrement. Also iirc they will charge you the full £45 then refund you a week or so later.

Skoda Fabia vRS
my Very statement shows this

our Latest Transactions Payments we've received
19/10/2010
Payment Received - Thank You33.95CR

Sundry Items And Adjustments

19/10/2010
Promotional Discount15.00CR
i rang up and ordered over the phone and paid their and then by card, it does look like they have charged me the discounted amount, to be refunded later, we shall see what happens

my order email states this
First we will charge your card with the full price of the order then we will refund your card with the value of the discount. Please note that the payment and refund may not occur simultaneously but the refund will be made no later than when your order is despatched.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I noticed this, was hoping it was down to no stopping power and a weak gun... But I think your right.

If you look when he pops the kill smand death board up you'll see everyone has a bad connection. Due to host, nothing else I'd say just like MW2 and it'll happen in every game unless it has dedicated servers.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
So pc is alright then the smallest of all the markets. Well done game makers. f***s me right off knowing how much money they make off this and still make the same mistakes.

Mountune Tractor
Sorry for not wanting to read a million pages, but what's up with the PC version?

Think the PC version is fine mate, they are using dedicated servers. Console will still use the old host method, which by the way is perfect if you have a decent internet connection.

Mountune Tractor
Just been announced that you get 4x extra zombie levels with the collectors edition copy of Black Ops.

Ive been told you have to buy the collectors just to get zombies.

Well, iirc, zombies were only available on WAW after you completed the single campaign (they later unlocked this for everyone)

Maybe the same again, but collectors get it unlocked straight away?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Think the PC version is fine mate, they are using dedicated servers. Console will still use the old host method, which by the way is perfect if you have a decent internet connection.

Good to see someone else who hasn't got their head up their arse! Simple fact is if hosts connection isn't great then chances are there will be lag etc but usually it'll find another host. Also can be cause by your connection as above though.

The 4 maps with other editions is the 4 from waw, zombies is included in all version and it looks like zombies is open straight away on main menu from the videos I've seen. Not greyed out like it was on waw until completed.

Mountune Tractor
Good to see someone else who hasn't got their head up their arse! Simple fact is if hosts connection isn't great then chances are there will be lag etc but usually it'll find another host. Also can be cause by your connection as above though.

The 4 maps with other editions is the 4 from waw, zombies is included in all version and it looks like zombies is open straight away on main menu from the videos I've seen. Not greyed out like it was on waw until completed.

This. Zombies is included in all editions of the game. Fact.

Nice! Although it did encourage me to complete SP on WaW.

Skoda Fabia vRS
Very.co.uk only charged me £34, no messing about with a refund, ordered it over the phone with them