ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Official Call of Duty: Black Ops thread ***

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
So I played this for the first time last night on PC...

After the multiple "fatal errors" thrown up, and several crashes I finally got it up and running. I played for an hour or so, and I was genuinely disappointed, something I'd never felt when first playing a CoD game.

The single player continually locks up, whilst the sound is choppy and crackly. In zombie co-op mode the game locked up for no apparent reason... think I tried to play about five times, and I only finished (i.e. died) once. Multiplayer (when it finally connects) is very laggy, the server browser is poor.

As for the graphics, it feels like they've taken a step back from CoD:WaW. It all seems so blocky, in fact it reminds me of the old Delta Force games.

Oh, and why do I have to watch a mini CoD:BO movie everytime I want to go back to the main menu?

I am going to play some more tonight at some point... I'm hoping it will grow on me. And that Treyarch will release a patch, fast.

The review I was waiting for. Thankfully, I'll wait until they sort out the issues before buying it then.

Cheers! :)

D.

Bumder With A Buffer
I'm loving it TBH. Lv16 from last night's play.

Some of the things that pissed me off about MW2 have gone back to how they were in WaW. Like the fact you can't throw grenades a mile, like in MW2.

Yeah I noticed that. But I like it that way..no more random nade throw kills. Although I did get a couple of nade kills yesterday.

Throwing a care package marker down sounds like a can/bottle being chucked though its a very odd sound :S

yeah im at work so wont know till tonight it was shocking customer service "we didnt promise to deliver it for release day so there "

for a company size of tesco it is shocking, will just go and get game at midnight in future, guy i spoke with in customer services was really helpful yesterday and said thank you to me for not having given him a hard time

Yeah I noticed that. But I like it that way..no more random nade throw kills. Although I did get a couple of nade kills yesterday.

Throwing a care package marker down sounds like a can/bottle being chucked though its a very odd sound :S

care packages come down a bit easier as well, in mw2 there was always the shite is that going to smack me on the head in a self ownage type of way

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm loving it TBH. Lv16 from last night's play.

Some of the things that pissed me off about MW2 have gone back to how they were in WaW. Like the fact you can't throw grenades a mile, like in MW2.

FLOL! Do you so much as fart in this game and go up two levels?! ;)

I must say that's one thing I love about BC2. I'm on Rank 29 out of 50 at the minute and that is a culmination of nearly 5 days play. Each rank up takes a proportionally longer time to achieve so that going from rank 49 to the final 50 is a long haul indeed. It does make you appreciate the commitment and abilities of people who are actually at rank 50, imo.

D.

SLK 350
General opinion right now is that BFBC2 is still a better game then? I have to say, I'm rather addicted to it.

Was thinking of getting this, but I don't have the time to play BO and BC2, so figure I may just stick to what I know I like.

Got to level 25 last night. Can't tell if it's taking longer than normal to rank up :S

Nuketown is my fav map at the moment. I plant a claymore at the back (behind the fences), and as soon as they spawn, bang!

My fav gun is the Galil (sp) assault rifle + red dot, and love the RC car.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
what gets me, its plays music or a tune during the game cant remember if it did it more than once. but why, very annoying if your trying to hear a ememy shooting off a few rounds or hear the enemy near you which you cant. they say you can hear the enemy more with ninja pro. let me know if you can please

Go to options and you can turn the in-game music down.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
FLOL! Do you so much as fart in this game and go up two levels?! ;)

I must say that's one thing I love about BC2. I'm on Rank 29 out of 50 at the minute and that is a culmination of nearly 5 days play. Each rank up takes a proportionally longer time to achieve so that going from rank 49 to the final 50 is a long haul indeed. It does make you appreciate the commitment and abilities of people who are actually at rank 50, imo.

D.

LOL. Yeah, I reached Lv3 after my first game.

Lv10 is literally an hour's play.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
From what I've read the Theatre mode is having "issues" at the minute.

Really? I thought I couldn't do some stuff like they said like look from any camara angle. Got quite a few good tomahawk kills and 1 epic 1 that I wanna make a montage with. Lol

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Really? I thought I couldn't do some stuff like they said like look from any camara angle. Got quite a few good tomahawk kills and 1 epic 1 that I wanna make a montage with. Lol

You can make them one clip yes and in game. Theatre is back up, well last night it cane back online.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Should of heard Geordie Clio last night. He was top in sticks and stones for ages and I bankrupted him with a tamahawk in the last minute. I'm sure there was tears. Lol he didn't like getting humiliated 5 times the next game either. Lol

RB Clio 182
When i first started playing last night i hated it but by the end of the night i was loving it. Once you get an idea of the maps and get a few decent guns the game totally changes.
My only gripe is the spawn points. More than likely the enemy will spawn behind you and shoot you in the back. Last night the enemy literally spawned infront of me while is was shooting and i died. I spose this is something they will sort out in due course.

Renault Clio 1.4
Should of heard Geordie Clio last night. He was top in sticks and stones for ages and I bankrupted him with a tamahawk in the last minute. I'm sure there was tears. Lol he didn't like getting humiliated 5 times the next game either. Lol

Sticks and stones is funny when you tomahawk people, i've fortunately avoided them so far.

When i first started playing last night i hated it but by the end of the night i was loving it. Once you get an idea of the maps and get a few decent guns the game totally changes.
My only gripe is the spawn points. More than likely the enemy will spawn behind you and shoot you in the back. Last night the enemy literally spawned infront of me while is was shooting and i died. I spose this is something they will sort out in due course.

That's the only thing I hate too, unpredictable spawning in TDM.

DB.

BMW 440i
Got crap internet at Uni so can't play online,

Played a bit of the career, not quite as realistic as MW2, more computer gamey if that makes sense.

Zombies is awesome though, had a good laugh with that with my flat mates!

Happy with Black Ops either way!

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Do ya know how by any chance I've literally pressed every button and option?

It's a nightmare. I seem to remember it in the proper they're section, I'll have a look tonight cause I can't remember off the top of my head. You'd be better off uploading them to callofduty and editing them on pc to be fair. It's VERY limited on cod

Which reminds me I have a peach of a balistics knife kill to upload. Absolutely love wager matches

LY 182
Yeah I gotta admit I've noticed the spawning being off. I'll be working a position, so I just start to creep up somewhere paying extra attention and then randomly someone is behind me and takes me out.

One thing I'm not too keen on is there seems to be more than 1 way to get to a lot of the spots in buildings. I noticed on Nuketown last night I wanted to stand in the building window and pick people off from there, so I blocked 1 exit off with a claymore but forgot about the other entrance where somebody ran up and knifed me lol.

Fiesta ST-3
What game modes do you lads normally play then? I've not long had the 360 so lacking in online friends lol. Scotty2121. Will be on tonight for some action!

Bus w**ker
Just wandered into HMV and picked this up for the vast sum of £7.99, will give it a blast when I get home.