ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Official Call of Duty: Black Ops thread ***

Fiesta ST-2
If you hold the eject button before turning the console on it puts the fans on full whack and ejects constantly, might work.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Im made with it tbh, it requires so much more skill than MW2 imo, i like the stats aswell i.e "if all the cross bow bolts were laid end to end it would stretch ***,***,*** miles" pretty good!

Audi TTS S Tronic
Well.. this is a new bug

I was levelling from level 42 to 44 tonight, get 9k exp from level 44 and I'm sitting there doing one of those pre-match games. Nobody joins so it times out. Then in the after game report, my experience to my next level is increasing down the bottom ... 100k ... 200k... 300k WTF!

So, I joined another server and I was back to the beginning of level 42!! So pissed off because I had some awesome games tonight!

Clio 200 Raider
The fan trick doesnt work on the 60gb model only on 40gb and 80gb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mito Sportiva 135
Think it's just taking me a while to find a setup I like...the M16 fire rate isn't good enough, and takes too long to kill people. Still not find something which feels as natural as the SCAR did. Have been using the SMGs more than I did in MW2 but the accuracy just isn't good enough for long range kills (my favourite!)

Dodgy one
Have you tried the Enfield? There isn't much kick on that thing.

That's what im on, 3 shots in the chest down they go lol, easy to get headshots with it too.

I had a pop at mw2 the other night, that games far to easy in comparison

Mito Sportiva 135
No not bought that, I've got the Skorpion and MPk5 (think it's called?)...might give it a go.

Also far less use of noob tube and shotguns which is good.

Is the supressor good on this game? I ALWAYS had a silencer on MW2...yet to make the leap on this though.

LY 182
No not bought that, I've got the Skorpion and MPk5 (think it's called?)...might give it a go.

Also far less use of noob tube and shotguns which is good.

Is the supressor good on this game? I ALWAYS had a silencer on MW2...yet to make the leap on this though.

Have you even tried the Famas yet bud? I seriously love the gun lol. In comparison to the Scar on MW2 it's much better IMO and far more mags too! It is good at long range too. If it's long range and the enemy is in a still position the trick is to jab the trigger to prevent it bouncing all over the place.

The AUG has grown on me now too. Played more with that yesterday. Notice a bit more recoil on that than the Famas though.

I don't like the supressor. I need the red dot otherwise my accuracy is sh1t. I also feel like the supressor removes a bit of the damage volume for some reason.

Mito Sportiva 135
I tried the Famas a couple of times mate, but only once I've picked it up on the floor. It seems ok, the Guille or whatever it's called seems ok but only had it once. I can't buy the Famas yet though as I'm not high enough, but I will.

Suppresor, if it's like the silencer, will reduce the damage so in MW2 had to use it with the damage upgrade. The iron sights on the SCAR I was pretty good with even at distance...as had so little recoil on it. In this game though finding the red dot more important.

I think once I find a playing style which better suits me, I should get better...finding the transition a bit challenging so far, having played BC2 and Reach mainly for the past 6 months. Also don't know the maps yet....and that's also the key I think.

LY 182
Ah yeah unlock the Famas man. First few games I was like hmm this ain't too great, but now I love it! I use it with red dot + dual mags.

You definitely just gotta play, get through the levels and unlock more s**t. And yes, maps is a big issue at first but it doesn't take long to get to know them and pick up good spots. You start to know where the opposing team start at the beginning too so you can often sneak in a couple early kills.

I dont rate the Famas, too much recoil.
Im rolling with the Aug (red dot sight) atm, until I can unlock to Comando (or whatever its called). My mate said its awesome, no recoil, high powered etc.

LY 182
I dont rate the Famas, too much recoil.
Im rolling with the Aug (red dot sight) atm, until I can unlock to Comando (or whatever its called). My mate said its awesome, no recoil, high powered etc.

It's funny how people have different experiences lol. I find the Aug to recoil more than the Famas in my hands haha. I've unlocked Commando so will give that a bash later I think!

Mito Sportiva 135
Well I can't get the Aug either yet so will buy the Famas when I can.

Too true about the maps though....because you can imagine where people start and where they will run to, so you can head them off.

Not bought any more killstreaks yet...what's the best to go for? Just had the default ones so far.

LY 182
Well I can't get the Aug either yet so will buy the Famas when I can.

Too true about the maps though....because you can imagine where people start and where they will run to, so you can head them off.

Not bought any more killstreaks yet...what's the best to go for? Just had the default ones so far.

Ermm depends on preference. Lot of people use the remote control car but I don't bother. Kills from killstreak rewards don't count in your total so I use the Spy Plane as I find it more useful to know enemies whereabouts and build up my normal killstreak.

I then have attack helicopter @ 7 and chopper gunner @ 9. It's all about preference. Napalm strike and mortars are both very good but you need a spy lane in the air to know enemies whereabouts otherwise it's guessing and sometimes you don't get any kills with them.

As always, try em all out!

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh will do...seem more balanced though than MW2...yet to face any dogs!

Spy Plane seems pretty effective though, in care packages I keep getting rubbish though!

After the tip higher up. I tried out Slight of hand and duel mags on my ak47u. Jesus is all. Can kill, reload and kill again before people get shots on me. Awesome combo for nuketown.

Tried playing free for all last night but just full of dam campers. Boring.

Do approve of kill streak rewards not counting towards. Stops the old days of getting a chopper and keeping it.

Been trying to get some of the pro's recently. Nearly got Ghost & Slight of hand. Anyone able to recommend any others that are worth getting.

LY 182
Just had a quick look on theatre mode. Gotta say that's a pretty funkin' cool addition. Watched my Nuketown game from last minute. Chopper gunner = 19 kills in 60 seconds. Gotta say it's ridiculous but when it's your gunner it's pretty damn fun lol.

I need to work out how to save the video and get it on Youtube or something then i'll post it up.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
+1 what's on the update?

sorry about all the requests, invites you lot been sending to me. i'll be on proper when it's all sorted then i can do invites and requests n that on my proper account for this game

Renault Clio 1.4
After the tip higher up. I tried out Slight of hand and duel mags on my ak47u. Jesus is all. Can kill, reload and kill again before people get shots on me. Awesome combo for nuketown.

Tried playing free for all last night but just full of dam campers. Boring.

Do approve of kill streak rewards not counting towards. Stops the old days of getting a chopper and keeping it.

Been trying to get some of the pro's recently. Nearly got Ghost & Slight of hand. Anyone able to recommend any others that are worth getting.

I'm running around with Ghost and Slight of Hand pro now, get a lot more kills with Slight of Hand pro. Unsure of what to do for perk 3, might tackle Ninja pro for the meantime.

Bus w**ker
Not totally true, you can force the 60Gb fat to turn the fans up to max (I've done it once to try and clear some s**t out) but it's not really advisable. Turn it on and then hold it with the vented side pointing towards the floor (some say you need to cover the intake vent). After a few seconds it will start to cycle through the different fan speeds until it gets to what sounds like Concorde on take off, to make it stop put it back down horizontally and it will cycle back through to it's usual f**king noisy roar.

Loads of videos of it on YouTube.

If you do this and blow your PS3 up, drop it, electrocute yourself or do anything else retarded then you've only got yourself to blame.

Bus w**ker
Just jumped online now... Downloaded an update for it. Whats included in this?

+1 what's on the update?

COD Forum said:
11/17 (full title update)
· Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
· Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
· Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
· Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart
· Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
· Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
· Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
· Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
· Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
· Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
· Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
· Additional online security enhancements

Meh

LY 182
Updates sound good I'll see if it's any better later on though most of the issues are non existent for me. Just the party issues really.

Does anybody know if/how you can get your game videos uploaded to YouTube?

I'm running around with Ghost and Slight of Hand pro now, get a lot more kills with Slight of Hand pro. Unsure of what to do for perk 3, might tackle Ninja pro for the meantime.

Ah cool.

I'd go for marathon. Not sure what it is but my flatmate loves it. Fucked got a 24 kill streak on jungle yesterday.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
had a few games on TDM and S+D and i'ts still boll@@s, in one game od S+D it host migrated 3 times in less than 2 minute. The enemys footsteps made no difference, they aprear to be no louder. The countdown secs of the pre game lobby have disapeared that i've noticed.

and it's still laggy as f@@k get killed even before your ready to pull up the rifle

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
had a few games on TDM and S+D and i'ts still boll@@s, in one game od S+D it host migrated 3 times in less than 2 minute. The enemys footsteps made no difference, they aprear to be no louder. The countdown secs of the pre game lobby have disapeared that i've noticed.

and it's still laggy as f@@k get killed even before your ready to pull up the rifle

the lag is ridiculous at times like.... also like you say, footsteps are no louder

Mountune Tractor
If they get rid of the lag then most people will be happy, unfortunately I think they will struggle to do it.

Had a few good games earlier after the update, only lagged once. No host migrations or anything - it's an OK update. Still plenty of FPS lag, which i can't work out as they models they use are dire compared to MW2.

Bus w**ker
Still not seeing the lag issue and I'm on PS3. This update has rolled to the inferior console now too ;).

The upload thing is through the theatre, pick your clip sort the segments and then render it. Doesn't appear to be working for anyone though from what I've read on different sites.

Mito Sportiva 135
Sym)n...the lag and getting into a game issues are mainly when in parties...the bigger the party, the worse it is...it's actually impossible sometimes.