ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Official GT5 Picture Thread

Whats the score with premium cars do you have to win them/buy them or something?. Seriously considering trading in my xbox for a ps3 slim.

Don't swap to a PS3 for this game. It's simply going to be a disappointment unless you rarely play the xbox. PSN is woeful compared to XBL and GT5 does not justify a console purchase or swap IMO. If you're going to trade I'd personally be looking for more justification so as not to end up regretting it. If you want PS3 exclusive titles like like uncharted as well that's fair enough but I certainly wouldn't make the move on the strength of GT alone.

I have both machines btw so not a xbox fanboy rubbishing the PS3 for the sake of it.

225 Cup & Williams
Nah i'm not thinking about it because of gt5 i'm just bored of xbox all of my mates have ps3's and i think generally ps3's layout and format is better.

BG182®
Don't swap to a PS3 for this game. It's simply going to be a disappointment unless you rarely play the xbox. PSN is woeful compared to XBL and GT5 does not justify a console purchase or swap IMO. If you're going to trade I'd personally be looking for more justification so as not to end up regretting it. If you want PS3 exclusive titles like like uncharted as well that's fair enough but I certainly wouldn't make the move on the strength of GT alone.

I have both machines btw so not a xbox fanboy rubbishing the PS3 for the sake of it.

:( I'm so tempted to just buy a ps3 for this too.

With regards to gameplay is it better then Forza3? I'm talking about handling of car's, the sound of engines, the tuning etc? The more shots I see of this game the more I want it.

:( I'm so tempted to just buy a ps3 for this too.

With regards to gameplay is it better then Forza3? I'm talking about handling of car's, the sound of engines, the tuning etc? The more shots I see of this game the more I want it.

The handling doesn't translate well with a pad IMO unlike Forza which is superb even with a pad so you'd want to budget for a wheel too IMO. Sound is horrific from engines, to tyre squeal to collision it's bad. Mods are very limited compared to Forza especially when you factor in that standard cars get less mods open them and they are the bulk of the cars. It also feels unfinished (because clearly it is) don't get me wrong it's a solid driving game and it does have that GT feel about it if you're a fan of the series but it's simply not worth buying a console and wheel for IMO. Had they nailed the mods, the audio, finished up the game and the whole car list was premium it would definitely justify the cost of the game, PS3 and wheel without a doubt, but that's simply not the case.

It can be played with a pad I'm just pointing out it's very poor with a pad. The likes of Christopher, Alex, Chris etc who've spent a decent amount of time on Forza will know what I mean when I say about how it conveys weight shift, traction etc all through the pad and that's before you start on the pathetic triggers on the PS3 pad. It simply does not communicate in the same way which lets the game down. With a wheel things are far far better.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've played it with both. It's 'ok' with a pad, but really doesn't feel like a big step-up from gt5 prologue. With a wheel, it feels much much better.
6/10 with a pad
9/10 with a wheel

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
tbh, i've never tried with a wheel, and i've managed with a pad and i'm doing ok

BG182®
The handling doesn't translate well with a pad IMO unlike Forza which is superb even with a pad so you'd want to budget for a wheel too IMO. Sound is horrific from engines, to tyre squeal to collision it's bad. Mods are very limited compared to Forza especially when you factor in that standard cars get less mods open them and they are the bulk of the cars. It also feels unfinished (because clearly it is) don't get me wrong it's a solid driving game and it does have that GT feel about it if you're a fan of the series but it's simply not worth buying a console and wheel for IMO. Had they nailed the mods, the audio, finished up the game and the whole car list was premium it would definitely justify the cost of the game, PS3 and wheel without a doubt, but that's simply not the case.

This was the only thing I disliked about GT3/4 on the PS2. Every slide and skid sounded the same along with the note of the engines. I was hoping that would change for GT5 but guess thats not the case.

Graphically though, I'm still shocked at how good some of these cars look!

BG182®
Found these on anohter site. Beasts!

Kyoto-Gion_8.jpg

Kyoto-Gion_1-1.jpg

5220698119_332443a309_b.jpg

Kyoto-Gion_3.jpg

Kyoto-Gion.jpg

5213060482_f2777beb7c_b.jpg

5213060486_8cac0d226f_b.jpg

5220698139_125a7675a0_b.jpg

5220698117_e2676f9331_b.jpg

5222549595_9a066c8906_b.jpg

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
some new ones, some im happy with other meh!...

TrialMountainCircuit_5.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_4.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_3.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_2.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_1.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit.jpg

Toscana.jpg

Toscana_1.jpg

Toscana_2.jpg

Toscana_3.jpg

Toscana_4.jpg

Toscana_5.jpg

Bern-Marktgasse.jpg

Bern-Marktgasse_1.jpg

Bern-Marktgasse_2.jpg

AhrweilerGate_2.jpg

AhrweilerGate.jpg

steering wheel detail...

AhrweilerGate_1.jpg

SuzukaCircuit.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_1.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_2.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_3.jpg

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Some of these pictures look fantastic, others look pixelated. I wish the photographs on Forza showed this much detail.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure if i'm being a bit daft with the whole picture taking malarky but there's no option for rewind/fast forward on the replays so you have to be lucky with the pause and wait a long time for the shot. Even on the saved replays i couldn't find any option to skip through the lap.
Its not just me being daft is it?

Renault 5 Turbo
A couple of pics i took, only just started the game and think its awesome :)

Rome.gif

Kyoto-Gion.gif

Kyoto-Gion_1.gif

Kyoto-Gion_2.gif

more to come when i get some more cars :)

Listerine & Poledo
wow, it seems most people here seem to want to be civic owners.

How do i do photos of my standard cars? Of course, photo mode doesn't work

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Some of my pics so far....
SpecialStageRoute76.jpg

SpecialStageRoute75.jpg

SpecialStageRoute73.jpg

SpecialStageRoute71.jpg

Lucerne-ChapelBridge.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack3.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack2.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack1.jpg

AutumnRing.jpg

TsukubaCircuit.jpg

CapeRingNorth.jpg

and some camber lol...
EigerNordwandShortTrack4.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack5.jpg

The premium cars do look awesome, but standard cars, shadows and smoke look pretty poor

I'll put this in here from the other thread, I didn't realise there was this thread. Lol.

The 172 and 106 mid air battle is qualo! Probably the best shots of std cars I have seen thus far!

Tommy Mak qualo

Is the 'ol 5 tubby a std as that looks qualo

Last edited: