ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Offset help.

clio 182, 1995 mini
I recently purchased some oz superturismo 15" alloys, on starting to refurbish them yesterday I noticed that 3 are et40 and 1 is et37, I know I should of double checked when I purchased them, is there anyway around this.
I was thinking I could put it on the back and fit a spacer to the other one to make up the offset difference, or is this not advised.
Any help greatly appreciated, don't want my first ever alloy purchase to be a total failure.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
The higher the number, the more the wheel will sit in the arch.

So your one ET37 will sit out wider than your ET40's. So in theory you'd need a 3mm spacer on the three ET40 wheels.

clio 182, 1995 mini
Thanks for the reply's, I was thinking spacers.
Is it as simple as it's 3mm difference or is there some sort of wizard type mathematics that needs to take place.

clio 182, 1995 mini
Thanks James, I can now carry on refurbishing them, without muttering under my breath that I've dropped a clanger and the Mrs wanting to know why I'm sulking in the shed.. lol.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I doubt renault could manufacturer to 3mm tolerance. As mentioned, just stick the odd offset rim on the rear.
If you want to be slightly more anal, once fitted, compare distances to arch and shock on the rears, and see if having the wheel on left or right helps.
If you do go down spacer route, only one is need on the opposite side to where the et37 is fitted.

I doubt renault could manufacturer to 3mm tolerance. As mentioned, just stick the odd offset rim on the rear.
If you want to be slightly more anal, once fitted, compare distances to arch and shock on the rears, and see if having the wheel on left or right helps.
If you do go down spacer route, only one is need on the opposite side to where the et37 is fitted.

What!?

I agree with the rest, a 3mm spacer would be ideal (getting a proper wheel that is the same as the rest would be even better), but 100% wtf at the first sentence.

CJM

Find a company local that can machine the back pad by 3mm on one it the et37 wheels to give you a matching pair of et40. Then obviously run them on the same axle.

CJM

Yea it's a common thing to do in the vw/bmw stance scene to get those extra few mm clearance.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Whilst its unlikely, before you machine, its worth checking the castings are the same. A lot of wheels are cast from different dies for different offset ranges, there isnt much between yours so its unlikely, but there will be a point in the offset range where casts change.