ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Offsets, Spacers, Perfect Stance!

Iceberg 172
Hi guys,

Firstly, I'm not looking for an extremem "euro" poke / tuck / camber look in any way shape or form!

My current setup is a normal ph2 172 (ie non Cup hubs etc) on Cup Turini's and KTEC coilies.

Ride height wise I'd like to go a bit lower at the front but I'll do that when I can get to Mark Fish for him to get the height perfect and he can then do the Camber again.

What I feel almost kills the look atm is the rear wheels being quite far into the arches (not as much as std as I know the Turini Cup offset is slightly better).

I wondered if anybody has done much experimenting with offsets / spacers and know what I need to get the wheels sitting perfectly level with the top of the arch? (maybe slightly in the arch, as I said previously, I don't want the rim sticking out!).

For example, when I had my TT I knew I needed 15mm for the front and 25mm on the rear.

I'm guessing on the rear I could get away with a 10mm spacer.

I think it would make a big difference to the overall look.

What about the front??? I don't want the front to look wider than the rear so maybe a little 5mm on the front???

What do you guys think?

Anybody using spacers? They don't get much of a mention on here in comparison to all the VAG forums I used to be on!

Thanks for any help in advance!

Steve.

Last edited: