ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oh dear god!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
http://paultan.org/2010/01/15/renault-reveals-the-sporty-clio-s/
renault-clio-s-2.jpg

3325070.jpg

They really aren't doing themselves any favours.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Not good, but looks bettet than those heaps they do with the wolfrace alloys and wonky back box.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Not that bad. I can see it selling. Look at the fiesta ST with all the stickers.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
"Potential buyers can choose between three engine options including a 75hp 1.2 liter 16V, a 100hp 1.2 liter TCe as well as an 86hp 1.5 liter dCi"

PMSL.

Hate these non-sporty sporty hatches. Absolutely hate them.

"Potential buyers can choose between three engine options including a 75hp 1.2 liter 16V, a 100hp 1.2 liter TCe as well as an 86hp 1.5 liter dCi"

PMSL.

Hate these non-sporty sporty hatches. Absolutely hate them.

To be fair, they have the engines spot on. The only people that would buy this car, are in the 17-20 age range, and they wouldn't be able to insure anything "sporty".

Family Bus
It's cute enough for a first car, but I can see lots of middle aged women window licking in them!

Not pretty IMO.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
To be fair, they have the engines spot on. The only people that would buy this car, are in the 17-20 age range, and they wouldn't be able to insure anything "sporty".

They won't be able to afford the finance either.

So really who is this car aimed at?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sure. Compared to a yellow puma it's got considerably less "laugh-ability" about it.
ford_fiesta_st_01.JPG

That suits the decals.

I resent the comment about the homo puma. It's a good car.

Is a TT more gay (It won't be yellow)

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Finance? For a £12k car? You're joking right lol. It'll get bought by parents.

@ 20%APR?

I've never took out car finance but who that is 17 can afford to pay even more than £150 a month on car payments, plus insurance, plus tax, plus fuel?

@ 20%APR?

I've never took out car finance but who that is 17 can afford to pay even more than £150 a month on car payments, plus insurance, plus tax, plus fuel?

It'll get bought by parents.

And don't be too sure that the young ones can't afford the finance. Many new drivers roll in new cars nowadays. Credit is easy to get - bugger if they can afford it or not.

It's aimed at young drivers. Renault know nobody over the age of 20 will like it.

Nissan 350z
If the ClioGT didnt exist i could understand the business sense behind this but surely its just going to eat into what small audience the GT was aimed at?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
ford_fiesta_st_01.JPG

That suits the decals.

I resent the comment about the homo puma. It's a good car.

Is a TT more gay (It won't be yellow)

Is it a Ford GT...No. So it shouldn't have stripes!

TT is not HOMO. But you sir, ARE!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Well more metro than homo.

I haven't slept with a man yet.

You have iirc. Hello Captain Stoddie!

If the ClioGT didnt exist i could understand the business sense behind this but surely its just going to eat into what small audience the GT was aimed at?

GT has the 1.6 engine in it so will be larger insurance, will imagine this is to fill the void for the younger drivers.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I think it will sell. The GT is cheap on insurance but this will be even cheaper! Plus it appeals to Barry.

chav.jpg

Titanium 182
@ 20%APR?

Me, and that's not an isolated case/me trying to look rich (which I'm not). Although I'm not 17 anymore but even still wind back 3 years and it was the same. :rasp:

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Im not a fan, I reckon it'll get bought by parents but to me it just looks cheap. I get its place in the market but as someone else wrote, good idea, poor execution....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Not that bad. I can see it selling. Look at the fiesta ST with all the stickers.

And a decent Chassis, and supportive seats, and a decent following...

All of which the bog standard Clio's don't have!

Mini Cooper S sport
It'll sell. As someone else says, it'll appeal to 17 to 21-year-olds who want a sporty-looking car but can't afford high insurance. Smart marketing move IMO.

It's not designed to appeal to the likes of Cliosport.