ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oh dear, i've bought an Audi ...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Cue the jokes/haters/roflcopters :rasp:

Yup, the gearbox isnt overly precise, the steering isnt very positive & the engine sounds like a washing machine, but its a lovely place to sit & certainly better than a Fabia VRS.

Spec wise, its in a pretty rare colour (mauritius blue), with silver leather, BOSE, xenons, climate, heated seats, etc, etc, all the usual standardish features, makes it a very comfy place for my 90 mile commute. Seems to average 34mpg compared to 37 in the clio, so not the end of the world ...

Anyway, some pictures.

Prior to viewing on Saturday, in the p1ssing rain:
57fb3b2b.jpg

From the PH advert:
2117447-4.jpg

2117447-5.jpg

2117447-3.jpg

2117447-1.jpg

2117447-7.jpg

2117447-2.jpg

2117447-6.jpg

Then this morning, sat next to Sarah's TT lol:
4a118145.jpg

And Trophy over in the corner, now relegated to track days & sunny sundays only:
07439546.jpg

Shame the other Trophy went last week really, 2 x Trophies & 2 x TT's would have been vaguely amusing ;)

Turbos.
They are good looking cars but the fact there are about five in my work car park makes them dissolve into the background to me. I'd have to modify it, just so it looked different to all of the others.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Shark leather made Jesus Cry! ;)

Looks good matey, I could have swore you said you wouldn't buy one as Sarah had one!

Great choice though the cabin is such a nice place to be.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
still like them, just not for me any more.

:D
good buy... how much if u dont mind me asking

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'll give it two months ;)

Joking aside, it looks great mate - I quite liked the one I drove tbh and the interior is a lovely place to be.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Very nice! A scccotttisshhhh number plate. Instantly makes it worth more.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Oh and 225 I presume? Otherwise, I'll slate you.

Of course it is!! Even im not that homo :eek:

Gally - yeah, i did say that, Sarah wasnt overly impressed tbh, she saved for years for hers lol, then i go & buy one on a complete whim!!

Scotland - is it really? Didnt realise that, will have to put it on pistonheads.sc when it comes to selling then, get a wee bit more dollar for it ;)

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Trophy looks quite menacing in the background!

Not a bad car to do a commute in to be fair.

As an only car I think it would be a fail but with that and the trophy you have something fun so you will actually enjoy wafting along in something boring. That's my thinking with my latest setup.

Tried a car that does both, practical AND fun but it always seems to fall short on both criteria so having both means like me...you might keep them for more than 5 mins lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I thought you were a keen driver?

I suppose it's alright for a commuter. Like you say, it beats a Labia vRS... although they have better steering.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ PMSL!!!!!!! Soon as i seen you'd comment i know what it would say!!! Blah blah blah! The 182 steering is avg at best and with Gaz coils...lol. Mincey Very mincey!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
A standard 182... not mine (since it's all about teh looks, sugar) has brilliant steering. As does my Twingo. The R26 also manages it, despite using an electric rack.

MI5 steering FTL.

clio 172
Im looking at one of these at the moment for the missus, just a shame she is so fussy, black or silver, not red leather etc, pain in the arse! lol

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
lols at all the predictable comments, although tbh id make the same ones if this was someone elses thread - especially the homoness of having the same car as your missus :gaysmiley :slap:

Serves its purpose though, nice & comfy, not a diesel, well priced ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks great for the commute, I'm getting quite annoyed of being stuck in traffic in the ph1. I want something similar, but a company motor may be on the cards after Christmas so we'll see.

Only thing I really don't like is the grey leather, no it's not silver, it's grey and it reminds me of an ph1 172 exclusive. Black just looks so much more sophisticated

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Grey leather :dead:

2112167-5.jpg

Blacks nice, & ages better, but due to the high side/small windows, makes it feel al little like a coal bunker imho. Silvers much better, makes the whole cabin feel a lot lighter as well i think!

2112167-5.jpg

Blacks nice, & ages better, but due to the high side/small windows, makes it feel al little like a coal bunker imho. Silvers much better, makes the whole cabin feel a lot lighter as well i think!

Agreed.

But I still hate silver leather. Red? Yus. Red leather, silver car. Moist.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

You're wrong, sorry. :rasp:

Silver leather just screams old BMW or worst Clio interior ever to me.

2112167-5.jpg

Completely agree about black. Ours has silver leather and it's on 102,000 miles now... still looks fresh and not too much wear.