ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oh F***!!!!

Another spout of bad luck on the Mk2 1.2 8v in the hands of my younger brother.

After been crashed into by an old woman, knackering the front bumper, headlight and wing, then having the passenger door kicked in, the next part of the tale is now....

.....the bonnet flew open and has smashed the windscreen and dented the roof.

Not sure what caused it. The bonnet was defientley closed properly but the catch seems a bit dodgy. It held for 20 miles at 90mph this morning and we haven't touched it, and its done about 150 miles since the bonnet was opened.

The car bodywork was spotless till my brother got hold of it lol

Matt

P.S. See wanted ad if you have spares

ahh...i think it was the new shape clios that had the problem...

gutter for you...would have been scarey as f**k not seein where you wer going...

LY V6 with Recaros
Yeah, I remember seeing that on watchdog, it was a fault on some models of a certain age iirc. Was there a recall on them? Must be scary...

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
yes was on watchdog there was a recall, renault should have contacted you. go back to them and punch some1

The Beast MK4
Mine did that!

Bonnet1.jpg

1.8 Civic EX
yup defo a known fault for the Mk2 ph1's I'm affraid...something about a certain part being plastic instead of metal iirc...

should be able to get Renau to sort it I would have thought...if not then write to Watchdog and kick the story off again haha

2.0 Auris
I have a 1.2 8v mk2 51 reg that wont happen to me?its been fine in the 13 months ive had it