ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oh great! whats this clicky noise now?

Mazda MX5 1.8
coming from the right side (front i think) sounds just like a stone stuck in the tyre (but its not) and every so often it will click (sounds a bit like someone "tutting") a few times then stops for a bit then again for a few etc etc

i really am at a loss as to what it is! been doing it since saturday and was planning to drive to London on friday.......... grrrrrr :mad:

the only thing i noticed was after i put the wheel back on there is a little label or something sticking up off the drive shaft but there doesnt seem to be anything for it to hit on the way around. i guess it might be something stupid like a little bit of stone or something stuck in the springs or dirt on the shock...

car is a 1.6 16v on fk coilovers (std wheels)

any advice welcome :)

Clio Mk2 DCI 68
Make sure wheel nuts are tight buddy. Prob a nail in tyre or a stone (less likely). Is there an abs sensor outboard, or gearbox end of driveshaft-may be catching?? Tyre wall blebbed and hitting strut? good luck m8

Mazda MX5 1.8
in a way i hope it is a nail.......... will give me a reason to buy new wheels :D

its a very intermittent noise which is a bit odd but i shall investigate on friday morning....

Mazda MX5 1.8
could be.... just had a look:

Noise
Between 0~10 MPH a clicking sound can be heard. This could be a faulty ABS sensor in the wheel. Its a reasonably common problem and covered under warranty.

sounds about right to me
think ill still check it over and make sure everything is ok for the journey