ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oh how I feel stupid :(

Dropping a work colleague off in Walsall town centre I was driving along normally when a gap opened up. I put my foot down in first to speed up and the next thing I know my foot is off the pedal yet I am still shooting forwards! I take it out of 1st into neutral and the engine is banging off of the limiter, slam my foot on the accelerator pedal and the revs dropped.

I pulled into my works carpark (was literally 5 seconds away) and took a look to find out what the hell just happened. Turns out my mat's have been creaping forwards (no idea how as they are secured in!) and the mat is over the accelerator pedal. Looks like I will be re-securing them down again this afternoon!

What made it worse was everyone and I mean EVERYONE turned around to look at me :( Just as I was leaving the carpark I noticed an old lady on her mobile and it looked like she was writing down my registration, I guess she was going to report me :dead:

My work colleague did make a comment about how he loves how quick it was :approve:

Just a shame I looked like a complete tit :(

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Been there got the T-Shirt lol....damn mats!

Altho mine wasnt as bad as yours lol.
I was on the motorway and thaught i had cruise in my 1.2 LOL

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Done it before in my old C2, went to over take some one on a motorway (was a 1.4) so foot to the floor. then i relise of the pedal, to my suprise the pedal does not come back up.
So started smashing my foot on the pedal, finally it sprung back up.
Later found out that it got stuck between tha mat and the rubber stopper for the pedal.

Was a scary 30 seconds

Had it happen in my 1.1 Saxo. Had only been driving a few weeks. Was coming onto a busy roundabout too, shat a brick.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
I've got in to the knack of using my heel to pull the mat closer to my seat every time I get in the car now.

Whats worse... the mat creeping forward under the pedal - preventing full on acceleration or the mat over the pedal wedging it open?

:x

BG 225 lux + cup RST
lol yeah mats can be a nightmare for that - lol at least you were okay and it was only embarrassment though and not anything worse :)

clio 182 +cup packs
my works van is like a bin on wheels somedays and ive had a pop bottle roll behind the brake pedal once or twice....scary ...thank god for the handbrake..

Renaultsport Clio 197
can't believe it....happened to me last night.
In second gear, floored it to overtake some estate and it just went on to the limiter.Pulled over to find the mats are resposible.
Could've been dangerous