ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oh the continuing mystery suspension gremlins!

Vectra :(
Right here we go again.

After checking last weekend to find my mystery straining noise at the back, and might i add failing its time for drastic action. Presuming its suspension related its given me the excuse to order some coilovers (john @ 2modified should be expecting a call).

However while out driving tonight, aswell as noticing the straining noise getting a little worse i also noticed a kinda humming sound coming from the back, getting higher pitched as the speed went up, and visa versa on the way down. Its the kinda sound a belt would make when rubbing only its coming from the rear of the car...does anyone know what this could be? possibly related to my other problem?

Also fred (yozza) if that offer of a cash in hand (wink wink) alloy refurb is still on offer do you fancy doin my coilovers while your at it and maybe having a drive about see if you can suss the rear problems :)

How easy are wheel bearings to fix. From the sound i am guessing its the rear d/s although if cheap and easy will replace both sides.

Any help?

Also anyone know how much it costs to have new bearings pressed in or for the difference would it be better replacing the discs at same time. Still on original discs (done 53k) but not go a micro measuring thingy to check em properly

Cool cheers for that fred. I am only about an hour away up the M6 so might pop down to see you.

You have a PM

Lionel Richie
we're based in stafford junc 14 m6 if thats easier? (although i'm not up there til next weekend i think)