ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil again!

My car needs topping up and at the moment in the mornings (especialy when cold) its abit tapity until it warms up then goes... Im using Mobil 1 15 50 should i top it up with 15 40 will this help! Also is it safe to mix Oils if i use the same make??

Any help appreciated..

Cheers Siggsy

Skoda Fabia vRS

yes its safe to mix all oils available to you

if its tappety when cold, then you need an oil that will flow better in the cold, so you need one with a lower first number......go to Halfords an pick up a 1L bottle of Halfords 5W-40 or Mobil 1 0W-40

make sure you got room to put the oil in obviously...

no, the F7 engine uses hydraulic tappets to automatically adj valve clearances. When your engine is off, oil drains from the top of the engine to the bottom, and the tappy noise is nothing but oil pressure building and the tappets priming, whilst they prime, they make a metallic noise as there is unlubricated action/contact.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Yeah that noise lasts for 2 secs MAX, but for then after it is unusally noisy while it warms up.

I still think its the tappets though Ben. ;)

didnt way it wasnt, but you confuse me! lol

they can wear and lead to a permanent tap noise.