ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil breather is held on by 2 bolts

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
the rest have sheered off.

i took the breather off, and got some molies on the remaining threads, some came out, some seemed to snap off instantly.

if i take the rocker cover off can i get to the bottom of these bolts to drill them out?

cheers.

ITB'd MK1
no, they're blind holes, and to take the rocker cover off is a cambelt off job. I'd cover the oilways with something and drill out the center of the bolt with a very small drill then use an easy-out

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
no, they're blind holes, and to take the rocker cover off is a cambelt off job. I'd cover the oilways with something and drill out the center of the bolt with a very small drill then use an easy-out

very small easy out.

you heard of this before?

when i put 1 back in it sheered too.
its got 6mm cheese heads in atm!

ITB'd MK1
I've not seen those ones shear before, but i've removed broken cam cap bolts. odd they break so easily, the thread must be very bad or the bolts far too long