ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil change and rear pads and disc change

Renault Clio 172 16v
Just to let people know I did a oil change and rear pad and disc / bearing change over the weekend. The oil change took me about 30 - 45 minutes, and was a piece of p**s. I also changed the rear discs/bearing and pads and this was also a very easy job, I literally undo the 30mm hub nut and the discs just pulled off. I will post pics up later, this may help with other people doing there rear disc/bearing and pads.

I got the full disc/bearing (already pressed in) with abs ring from brake international for £37 + vat and they look really good quality. This is a hell of a lot cheaper than renault. Again I'll post pics up so you can have a look, I also got some bendix rear pads of ebay for £9 (bargain), so its cost me just under a £100 for all the rear disc/bearing and pads.

Darren

Renault Clio 172 16v
Right, here are the pics, I've done a bit of a guide too (I know there are other guides, but I thought this might help someone)

1. Jack up car and use axle stands
2. remove wheel
3. remove two 17mm caliper bolts
4. remove caliper and pads (I managed to remove whole caliper with pads and pins in)
5. remove 30mm hub nut (this will be tight, so a breaker bar would be good at this point)
6. I was lucky and I just slided the old discs and bearing off
7. clean up
8. wind back piston for new pads
9. put spacer on the spindle, and then slide new disc on
10. put some lock 'n seal on the thread for the new hub nut
11. fit new hub nut (£2.88 inc vat each from renault) and tighten to 175Nm
12. fit new pads and caliper (make sure the inner pad just fits between the groove of the piston and disc
13. fit wheel and lower car

Job done, I might have missed somthing as I've typed this up pretty quick, overall a very easy job.

Pics:

pic001.jpg

pic002.jpg

pic003.jpg

pic004.jpg

pic005.jpg

pic006.jpg

pic007.jpg

pic008.jpg

pic009.jpg

pic010.jpg

Darren

Renault Clio 172 16v
sorry mate, typed that up a bit too quick, should have mentioned that, its anti clockwise to undo and clockwise to tighten up.

Darren

Cheers fella, you know what it's like when something is really tight, you start thinking am I doing it the right way lol

Yeah mate, I know what you mean, its so much easier with a extend bar or breaker bar, it just give you that extra leverage.

Darren