ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Change

Clio 182
I am doing a oil change tomorrow but i have only brought 5L of oil does anyone know where i can buy 1L of silkolene 5w-40 oil off of the shelf?

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Add that used by filter and difference between min and max marks on dipstick. Think you will find you need more than 5 litres. Always have on a Valver so can't imagine 182 being much different.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
4got to say not sure where you can get 1 litres but it always works out better getting more than 1 5 litre container. I got 4 to last me a few changes so can probably reckon on 15 litres covering you for 2 changes and top ups over the 12k of motoring.

Clio 182
yeah i will get more next time, i guess i will have to top up with some other oil as i have it booked in for tomorrow no time to order some more.

Turbo Beige
Ive done 2 changes on my 182 now and ive never needed more than 5litres, even after filling the filter etc and leaving it for an hour to settle.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
PYE21 said:
Ive done 2 changes on my 182 now and ive never needed more than 5litres, even after filling the filter etc and leaving it for an hour to settle.

So you can fill up with less than 5 litres and run for 6k without needing to top up. Otherwise you need more than 5 litres and certain brands don't come in 1 litre bottles or charge you a tenner per bottle for privelidge.

193 mk2
i had a service on my 172mk2 the other day at GDI and they only used 5 litres of silkolene pro s, so i would try it before you start worrying!!!