ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil consumption

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Probably been asked lots of times but this is my first Clio so unsure how much oil there meant to burn?

Changed the oil and filter when I purchased the car 3.5k miles later the oil level is at half is this normal?

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Ah I see. Does that consumption seem ok then? Going to get some oil later to top it back up

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
It will differ from car to car tbh

-Hero driving will consume more for example
-What oil you put in may contribute.
-But i wouldnt say thats excessive tbh.

Top it up, record the miles and go from there. :)

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
I used Tripe r 5w-40 and she gets a fair bit of stick I can't help my self! Yeah best bit is I'll top up and record the miles

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Its near impossible to know over the interwebz, but yeah record the miles and go from there.

Ph1
Mine never used to use a single drop for years and years. Shouldn't really be using any between designated oil changes on a decent engine although Renault do state a figure of acceptable loss, not sure what that is though.

Mine uses from Max to near Min in about a year / 6000 miles (182, 71,000 miles, healthy, Fuchs Titan oil). Hope it helps.

'10 Clio200
mine seems to use the most of the oil during motorway trips. It uses from max to min in 3000km of spirited motorway driving (engine always over 4k rpm). The car is well maintained but clocks 180k km. Always ELF 5w40. Happy because it uses way much less oil than the old valver haha