ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil cooler sizing

Looking for an oil cooler to support enough cooling for my 182 doing trackdays. What size would you recommend?

Thanks

Megane r26
Take it your going to run a thermostatic sandwich plate with the cooler? Over cooling oil can be just as bad as over heating oil.

182cup & 172 racecar
If you think you really need one, then a 13 row will be fine or even a 7 would do. IMO of course.

But I really wouldn't bother.

182cup & 172 racecar
Do you run a cooler on your race car Tony?

We didn't until this year, but we have one of those cup racer ones, think it's off a Ren 5.

It has the coolant runing through it, so it warms up quicker, it looks like a sandwich plate with two hose connections coming off it.

I'll try and find a picture.

img00842-20120204-10541.jpg

Ordinary ones are very vulnerable at the front of the car, we have seen so many go pop, then it's race over.

This works fine.

Last edited:
  Megane r26
We didn't until this year, but we have one of those cup racer ones, think it's off a Ren 5.

It has the coolant runing through it, so it warms up quicker, it looks like a sandwich plate with two hose connections coming off it.

I'll try and find a picture.

img00842-20120204-10541.jpg

Similar to a laminova then, pretty sure my 197s like that