ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil (do You Get A Choice)

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
Service being done by a stealer on Friday.

Just wondered it anyone knows if they give you a choice of oil.

I.E Synthetic

Also read some where that the wrong grade oil has been put in by dealers.

Can someone just confirm to me the oil grade for the CUP172

Cheers

GavFre said:
5W/40, they most likely put in 10W/40, as they are retards

I think I better mention it when I take it in.

Do they tend to show the grade of oil used on the service receipt so I can make sure im not running around on 10w/40.

I think the only choice you get at a dealer is just how much you want poured all over the rocker cover rather than into the engine.

cup 182 mit stripes
I noticed when I took the motor in for first service on Friday at the stores counter they had 5 liter containers of Elf Excellium for £22.37 You could have your service there. Ness Motors Inverness. Combine it with a Autumn
break in the beautiful highland capitol.

With out an oil change my service was £64. And you can watch them working on your car. They had 5w/40 and 10w/40

ST
Recommended for the 2.0 RS engine is 5w/40 mate.

I would think you could buy your own oil n supply it to the dealer.

Just rang my local stealer to find out what Grade of oil they use.

Great news:approve:

Told me that 5w 40 fully synthetic is always used on the RS models.

I did not suggest that this should be the grade used so hopefully this will be the oil they use.

Full Fat 182
I used Silkolene Pro S 5W-40 from Opie Oils (Sign up to members section for extra discount).

Bought a 5lt and a 1lt top up as its uses roughly 5.1lts to do a change. It saved my roughly £30 to have them use my own supplied oil and it is suggested by the oil man to be the best stuff for the RS...

Acejon said:
I used Silkolene Pro S 5W-40 from Opie Oils (Sign up to members section for extra discount).

Bought a 5lt and a 1lt top up as its uses roughly 5.1lts to do a change. It saved my roughly £30 to have them use my own supplied oil and it is suggested by the oil man to be the best stuff for the RS...

Is that £30 including the cost you paid for the oil you supplied them.

Full Fat 182
Renault Quoted me £220 for a 12k service including their own Elf 5w-40 oil. I mentioned i wanted to provide my own oil, she then quoted me £159.95, i ended up buying the oil from Opie oils, £43 including delivery for 6lts (5lt + 1lt top-up) and only paying £143.33 for the service Saving me about £30 once i accounted for the extra petrol to take my car to Sunwin Mansfield rather than the Sunwin renault in Derby