ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil filter removal

Clio 182FF w Cup Pac
You should only use the tool to take it off, and then it's in the bin so doesn't matter if its scratched. Putting them on should only be done by hand or you are likely to have issues getting it off again next time.

Same, only qualm I have is they scratch the filter a bit. I like things to look tidy :eek:

A.N. Other
Really pretty damn hard - was difficult to get it moving, the chain whip did nothing, a big screwdriver through it did nothing except drain it! Took two hands on the proper pliers to move it, and that was tiny bit-by-bit at first.
Have read it's happened to others on here before too, so not just me....

Clio 197
Really pretty damn hard - was difficult to get it moving, the chain whip did nothing, a big screwdriver through it did nothing except drain it! Took two hands on the proper pliers to move it, and that was tiny bit-by-bit at first.
Have read it's happened to others on here before too, so not just me....

sounds like it has been on there for years! did the threaded bar go back into the block?

A.N. Other
Filter looked clean, apparently oil was changed at a garage in April! The oil wasn't so dirty to make me think otherwise TBH.
It's possible using a driver caused it to pinch on the thread, but it was wasn't moving before that, so makes that unlikely...

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
try wrapping some wide elastic bands around it a couple of times, gives you more grip and wont damage it either (even tho its going in the BIN!)

Glad I'm not the only one who struggles with this. First time I did the 172 it came off easy.

Last time I was battling for an hour in the rain before I realised I was tightening the c**t up!

Turn right to left iirc.

A tip I've found is to wear rubber gloves to get a good grip on it.