ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil in fabric

Had a bike in the car yesterday so had the headrests removed and seats folded flat.

Didnt pay too much attention and now have oil marks from the chain on the headrests.

Any product I can use to remove this safely?

182 T
Rubbing alcohol gets it out of cloth, it can also totally spanner the colour though so test it first. I've also used a small amount of WD40 on a cloth followed by a damp cloth on the leather bits, again colour test.

Or you could use a product specifically designed to remove stains and not damage the fabric??

Look into BioBrisk. You'll need a soft brush and a wet and dry vac, so it might be worth looking into local detailers, unless you can rent or borrow on? You need to extract the dirty water, once the product mentioned above has done it's job. Think of it like cleaning a carpet.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Agree with JD, yopu'll definitely need a wet dry vac no matter what product you use. A lot of those fabric cleaners extract the dirt outwards, mostly the foaming ones. :) Oil is a killer though. Good luck.

Agree with JD, yopu'll definitely need a wet dry vac no matter what product you use. A lot of those fabric cleaners extract the dirt outwards, mostly the foaming ones. :) Oil is a killer though. Good luck.

I'd be worried if you didn't ;)

Daveski, I like your thinking!