ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil leak! ( DID search)

ph2 1.4
right i have searched this to death and cant find anything that matches,

abit of back ground

The car was reacently serviced oil, oil filter spark plugs and air filter.

the car was fine beforhand no porblems what so ever, now after the oil change i have oil leaking and its alot,

The understray has about 3-4 mm thick off oil laying in it, the bottom of the gear box has oil on it, i have eliminated the gearbox as oil is coming from above that,

where else could oil be leaking from above this point? as said it has only happened since the car had a service

any help would be welcome if anymore info in needed just ask

( sorry for the grammer and spellings )

Last edited:
  ph2 1.4
theres no oil on the front on the engine, oil filter was nipped up, i honestly have no idea where its coming from

that sounds like a fair bit of oil - should imagine it'd be easy to spot where that's coming from (sorry, but it's often easiest just to get dirty and scrabble around underneath to find stuff like this)

ph2 1.4
plugs in, i cleaned all the oil from the underside and ran the car for about 30 minutes, no oil leaked but after a drive the oils back around the gearbox area

bit presumptive/patronising in my last post, apols. is it gear oil or engine oil? (i know you've said you've eliminated g/oil due to where it's coming from, but are you 100%?)

ph2 1.4
well tbh it could be gear oil, but that wouldnt answer why there is oil from above the gear box, the oil in the little under tray is black, so it couldnt be normal oil as this is new, but then the gear box isnt loosing oil as i tryed topping it up and it pissed back out the filler whole straight away,

Storm Grey 200
Sounds like sump seal leak?

That would explain why it only leaks when being run, as the oil will sit in the sump when its not.

My car is leaking a bit from here, a little tooo much, but i just keep my eye on it

ph2 1.4
how big of a job is it to replace? also why is oil or why does oil seam to be leaking from the top? i have oil around my front subframe droplets and on the cable tha runs around the front of the engine? ill get pictures tomorrow to help explain

ph2 1.4
if it is gear oil, whats the fix for this? i know first is normally the selector seal, but isnt that internal? meaning gearbox out?

not familiar with the 1.4, but the RS suffer from the selector shaft and the n/s driveshaft. i'd identify the oil 100% first - gear oil's thinner and smells much worse than engine oil

clio rs 2000
check the sump seal
and the bottom of the oil stick
i had a small leakeage at the bottom of the stick
alsa it can be the crank seal