ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil leak, my first one!

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Afternoon guys n gals

I've just noticed my first oil leak! Yep been quite lucky!!

Question is where is the most likely place it's coming from? Just thought I'd ask before I start to get down and dirty with it.

I noticed a few drips on the drive but I reckon the undertray has caught a bit too, oil saying OK on dash and dipstick level looks OK too.

IMG_20220527_170914.jpgIMG_20220527_200434.jpg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Usual suspects are :
Sump plug
Sump Gasket
Rocker Cover gasket

Might be worth checking your gearbox oil too, when I first got a 172 I knew nothing about the input selector seal leaking, I only found out once the gearbox was dry and it exploded at 70mph.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Cheers all, will take a look when I get time must say it looks more red in the pic than in person.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Take that plastic sump tray off, wipe everything down until there's no oil on anything, run the car for a few days without the tray and see where they oil's coming from.

Also prepare yourself for the reality that it might be leaking from more than one place. :ROFLMAO:

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
My PS fluid was leaking out of the pressure sensor, took 5 minutes to replace.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea clean that up first. It'll confirm that's where the leak is coming from and you'll want the electrical connection clean to remove it easily, without damage.

You probs need to top up your power steering fluid, so check that now.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
If clean it up first and check it is that. Although that said, they’re cheap and easy enough to do anyway.
Yea clean that up first. It'll confirm that's where the leak is coming from and you'll want the electrical connection clean to remove it easily, without damage.

You probs need to top up your power steering fluid, so check that now.

Yep will clean it up but going to order one anyway as its definitely seen better days and as you say its cheap enough.