ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil leak on 1.2 16v

Arctic Blue FF 182
My old 51 reg clio had this, and so does my new one (02 reg), only a little worse i think.
There must be a leak somewhere, as when i take the air box and filter off, there is a bit of oil inside, and the bottom of the filter is all oily. If you shine a light into the inlet through the air intake hole you can see oil in there.
What are people's suggested sources of this oil? Im sure when it had a service once they told me what it was, but cant remember now.

Thanks

James

Arctic Blue FF 182
Had to top my oil up the other day, would appear to be worse then it was. Does anyone actually know what/ where the oil leak is?

Arctic Blue FF 182
hmmm, yeah i guess. but its a lot of oil, and i need to top up every now and again with oil. And the inlet seems to have a lot of oil sat in it. surely that isn't right!?