ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil leak, pics

Waltz172

ClioSport Club Member
I have noticed oil sitting underneath the manifold, then inspected futher and found that oil is seeping out of the join all the way round the engine block

any help on what has caused this and what i need to do to fix this

thanks

Liam

Attachments

• DSCN0150.jpg
    DSCN0150.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN0149.jpg
    DSCN0149.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN0148.jpg
    DSCN0148.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN0147.jpg
    DSCN0147.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN0142-1.jpg
    DSCN0142-1.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 65

Waltz172

ClioSport Club Member
rocker cover gaskets tend to weep on them, dont let it worry you unless its loosing a fair bit.

in 5k miles it ran dry but i got told these engines do like a bit of oil so didnt really take any notice until i saw it weeping out

silver Ph1 172
have u not bothered to replace it then, or you just keep topping the oil up?
Tbh, I have not had this one long so I haven't got round to doing it yet, I'm gunna do it when I change the plugs in a couple of weeks

Waltz172

ClioSport Club Member
no gasket, its just silicone type sealant

big job to sort out if it is the rocker cover and not just a few of the bolts

new cambelt etc etc, knocking on the door of £500

how can i tell if its the rocker cover and not just some bolts?

Lionel Richie
you'll see oil pooled round the bolts, whip each one out (one at a time! NOT all at once) silicone the head and mop up the oil and torque it back in (14nm)

Waltz172

ClioSport Club Member
if it is the bolts then would you still get the oil leaking out of the join in the cover, surely you would only see it coming out throught the bolts? i just think theres too much oil being lost for it being the bolts?

Waltz172

ClioSport Club Member
ok but wouldnt the oil jus come out through where the bolts are and not the join in the cover, shown in the first pic?

Waltz172

ClioSport Club Member
ok hopefully it will last another 50k as ive just had belts done,
at the mo im doin 1ltr per 1k miles