ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Leak

RB clio 182
Took my engine cover off today and noticed a few small pools of oil sat in the dipped bits up by the head next to the first spark plug ( on the left)

Ive noticed recently that my oil has gone down a bit less than halfway on the dipstick in roughly 2000 miles ish.

What could this be ?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Evo 5 RS
Yeh buy the seal/solenoid from Renault, its a circular rubber ring. it's next to cylinder 4 on the far left. You'll be able to see if its been leaking or not

RB clio 182
This picture is where the leak is with my dodgy paint skills

I nicked the pic from another thread. as you can see by the bit I highlighted, its in all those dips -

oil leak.jpg

Vvt solenoid seal as silent scone said above. Its the thing with the wire and 10mm bolt on it in the picture, once you have undone the bolt pull the solenoid out. Then prise the seal out and replace it.

RB clio 182
So you reckon its definately the solenoid ?? Ive leaked quite a bit of oil recently. is it capable of leaking a large amount ?

If so, can anyone tell me the quickest place to get one of these ??

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Item number 17 is the VVT seal. You will see the price and part number in the top right.

RingSeal.gif