ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Loss On Turbo Engine

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
So I appear to have blown all my engine oil through the breather over the block and gearbox. I was just wanting to know potential causes for this to do it as an idea to give my mechanic. I’ve topped the oil back up to see if the is an actual physical leak anywhere as I’ve had no drips on the drive before seeing the rainbows yesterday from the rain. Any guesses or ideas would be appreciated.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Depends if you're doing wet or dry and with the car up to temp or flat cold

Flat cold dry you should get like 180-190psi for a good cylinder. Anything below 175 and it's a bit shite

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Depends if you're doing wet or dry and with the car up to temp or flat cold

Flat cold dry you should get like 180-190psi for a good cylinder. Anything below 175 and it's a bit shite
I’m driving it down to see Alex in the new year on the 7th Jan, So what about hot/warm temp pressures or it’d best to let it cool down 1st I reckon?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I’m driving it down to see Alex in the new year on the 7th Jan, So what about hot/warm temp pressures or it’d best to let it cool down 1st I reckon?
Alex will probably letit cool of a bit first. Tbh you can comp test them hot but your readings will just be a certain percentage higher as the rings close up

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Alex will probably letit cool of a bit first. Tbh you can comp test them hot but your readings will just be a certain percentage higher as the rings close up

Wouldn't harm it being a bit warm, as realistically your engine doesn't operate at stone cold for long.
Brilliant cheers for the info gents!
Just hope it goes well and I don’t need a rebuild 😂

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I had similar, thought the rings were toast.
I'd put too much oil in. Not knowing exactly what I should put in, after fitting an oil cooler.

and having a few beers doing a service.