ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Ok Message

RenaultSport clio 182
Hi all,
I have a Clio 182 and after my most recent service my mechanic pointed out that he couldn't find the "oil ok" message on the digital readout on the instrument cluster. When I thought about it i din't remember the last time I saw the message myself. Does anybody know if this can be switched off (which perhaps I have done inadvertently)? Has anybody else experienced something similar?

Thanks,
Ali.

From what I've read it doesn't show up if the cruise control/limiter is switched on, also if there are other faults lit up on the dash.

I hope the mechanic wasn't planning on using the oil ok message to check the oil? lol

clio 182 black /gold
Sometimes mine just shows the mileage when i start the car. I have noticed if you start the car with a door open it does not display the oil ok. Maybe just mine lol.

The last time I fiddled around with the head unit and the panel above it with the rear window heater/inside lock/hazard light buttons on it, my "Oil Ok" message disappeared for a few days but then it came back again :S Very strange!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Both my clios - Only display oil OK when i first start the car... It will say OIL OK then auto change to the milage after a couple of seconds. Its never been viewable on the trip computer in my case.

53 Clio's & counting
if you press your mileage reset button it will bring up your oil level, only when the oil ok message is being displayed

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
If you hold the reset button in while you switch ignition on you can check level of oil and amount of fuel in tank. The instruments will all come on and check lights all light up. My Nissan does same thing as its got renault dash.