ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil on sparkplugs

trabant,

my car wouldent start so I took the sparkplugs out for a look, two of them are covered in oil, Whats the likely cause? and is it going to be expensive to fix? thanx for any replys

When i had my Valver i used to have oil on the plugs i found out it was from when i topped it up with oil and missed the hole it seaps down to where the plugs are!

Quote: Originally posted by t_sheen on 24 December 2003

When i had my Valver i used to have oil on the plugs i found out it was from when i topped it up with oil and missed the hole it seaps down to where the plugs are!
I have had this on my valver too, but only ever ran down onto the leads. Most probable reason though.

Have you had a service/top up recently?

172 Cup

if it is covered in oil completly it is proberly that your rocker cover gasket has gone. its a common thing on the clio and mine has gone again for the second time!!

Paul

Revels Mum & Sister

Yeah Rocker Cover gasket happened to me. One of the PLug Wells was completely filled up!

trabant,

Thanx guys, the electrodes are coated in oil "inside" the engine number 4 cylinder and number2, 1and 3 are okay

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

check your rocker cover gasket.as part of a service a while ago you had to check the tightness of the rocker cover bolts because they work loose and the gaskets leak.