ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil paint on leather seats

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Old boy leaned on a freshly painted door and then jumped in the car! Doh!

White spirit ok to use on leather, not something i've considered before?!?

Last edited:
  Honda & VW
Re: Oil paiint on leather seats

I have read that Olive Oil works, please don't quote me on this as its not something i have tested myself. My worry with White Spirit or the like would be the smell thats absorbed into the leather, yes it may get the paint out but what are you then going to use to get the smell out?

CBR1K, F21 125D
If its dry, scrape it off really gentle and dab it with a dampened a sponge with hot water and add a small amount of a soap solution. Then treat as per normal with leather cream etc.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd seek some proper advice Ali.

Your dad is minted, therefore i imagine his car is quite expensve?? Fcuking up a leather seat will be costly. (I fcuked up some leather when using tar and glue remover on them. Thankfully it was a crap car s didn't really bother me)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
APC/G101, White spirit smell dissipates with time. I was more worried about the effect to the leather...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
If its dry, scrape it off really gentle and dab it with a dampened a sponge with hot water and add a small amount of a soap solution. Then treat as per normal with leather cream etc.

If it was waterpaint that would be my approach...But water+ Oil doesn't work mind.

A decent foaming leather cleaner, Northerner. That would be my first stop. Use the age old "least aggressive first". Then move up to G101 diluted on a small test area.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
He reversed it into a wall y'day too, new bumper and light required!! lol Not a good weekend or so it seems.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
If, he'll probably be buried in it!

Wheels need refurbed, mothers to thank for that! And also needs a good clean, i was the last person to polish it and that was 4yrs ago!!! Then again it's only done a couple of thousand miles since then!

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2556887.htm

(Will not find one on lower mileage.....Oh yeh!) ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Crazy to think how dated that interior looks now with the MK5, and to think it's the same price as a higher mileage MK5.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I had a blast with a Mk5 last nite...Oh so slow! ;) Launch control was mint tho! Like a rocket ship!!

He's selling up. Spyder V8 en route! Manual. R Tronic is farking gay. Clutch slip after 14k miles? FO Audi UK.

Yeah pretty rubbish to be honest. Really jerky when changing gear, even with a few software upgrades. Porsche being onboard now, they've taken a leaf out of their book and gone with an "S tronic" for the future versions.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Right, didn't know it was that bad, especially given how good the DSG system is on their 'lower' models!

Separate system unfortunately. This system is just as good if not better when you are gunning it, but for 2-3k gear changes, it really lurches. You almost have to catch it pre change and take your foot off the right pedal for a few seconds.