ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Pressure guage/sensor - Valver

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

My oil pressure guage is not working. :(

To fix it, is it just a case of fitting a new sensor?

If so where is it? and how much would it cost?

Also is it worth replacing the coolant sensor?

Thanks

James

James, have you not purchased a Haynes manual yet? Surprised you have got any without one! Yes I would say it is the sensor but Ive never had to do it so dont know where it is. Do a search as there has been alot of dicsussion on this topic.

Bumder With A Buffer

ITS LOCATED AT THE FRONT OF THE ENGINE, NEAR THE OIL FILTER, BUT BIT HIGHER UP, QUITE AWKWARD TO GET TO THOUGH

Bumder With A Buffer

whoops! ignore that post, i was getting confused with the OIL Temperature sensor!! unless they use the same sensor???

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Paul,

I have got a Haynes manual, but I only noticed that it wasnt working on my way to work this morning, so I havent had a chance to look at it yet, but I will do.

Richy,

I thought it was quite awkward to get to, am I correct in saying that it is just underneath the inlet manifold?

Cheers

James

ITB Hybrid+Cup+Scenic II

Do a search....

It has been covered not long ago...

Sensor is at the back of engine... Cam belt side..

Temp sensor and level sensor at the front....

Michael :)

The low oil pressure sensor is on the front of the engine and is covered by Haynes. But you want the oil pressure sensor itself, which is on the back of the engine next to the exhaust manifold - and its not covered by Haynes.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the oil pressure warning light sensor is on the front of the engine near the oil filter.the gauge sensor is on the rear of the engine on the o/s

Bumder With A Buffer

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 13 November 2003

The low oil pressure sensor is on the front of the engine and is covered by Haynes. But you want the oil pressure sensor itself, which is on the back of the engine next to the exhaust manifold - and its not covered by Haynes.
i couldnt find any information anout the LOW OIL/TEMP sensor or the OIL PRESSURE sensor anyware in the haynes manual??????

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

oil level/temp sensor i think is on the front of the engine(below the oil filter near the bottom of the block).it is a black connector pointing down(the sensor is a long tube that goes into the sump).gauge sensor is probably the only sensor on rear off the engine low down.i think it is protected by a heat sheild.