ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil serv light keeps coming on?

ibiza cupra
ive had it a few times now where if i do quite a long journey. when i start the car up, the oil warning thing flashes and the serv light comes on so i check my oil when it is cooled and it is halfway between the 2 notches. then when i start it again, it says oil ok and the serv light goes out :S i had the camcover resealed not that long ago when i had the dephaser and all that stuff done so its not that leaking (or shouldnt be anyway) any ideas what it could be ?

Trophy #473
If the level is low'ish and you park on a slope it will flash and stick the serv light on when you start up. If the dipstick says its ok... its ok.

C

Cupster

When is most accurate to check oil level cold or running temp? Cheers

ibiza cupra
ive always been under the impression that it is from cold as this is when the oil is at its thickest (as it gets thinner when hot thus making it look like there is more in there) plus when your engine is cold most of the oil would have gone to the bottom of the engine so will give a truer reading. thats what i presume anyway, could be wrong though.

ive had it a few times now where if i do quite a long journey. when i start the car up, the oil warning thing flashes and the serv light comes on so i check my oil when it is cooled and it is halfway between the 2 notches. then when i start it again, it says oil ok and the serv light goes out :S i had the camcover resealed not that long ago when i had the dephaser and all that stuff done so its not that leaking (or shouldnt be anyway) any ideas what it could be ?

So the oil is half way between the min and max? I'm thinking I can see your problem. You need to put some oil in it.

When the display flashes, press the mileage trip reset switch and it should show you the electronic measure of oil.

0000000 being full
0000___ being half full
-------- being empty lol