ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil temp gauge query

Bumder With A Buffer

Ever since i brought my valver the OIL temp gauge hasnt worked. Had sme work done on it today including changing the Sensor above the oil filter, which was the oil pressure/temp sensor i think but the oil temp still dont move. Im assuming that if i got them to replace the right sensor, that my gauge/dial is buggered??

Can these be easily replaced and has anyone got one????

the oil temp/level gauge is in the lower part of the block, near the dip stick. The one nxt to the filter is the pressure warning switch, and pessure is on teh rear of the block, right hand bottom side.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

as above oil level and temp are combined in the same sensor.the sensor is a long thin tube so make sure you pull it up and out after youve unscrewed it otherwise it will snap off and drop in your sump.

so if ur oil amount guage works and the oil temp doesnt does that mean it could still be the sensor..because Jay u said they are combined in the same sensor, surely they should both stop working.

my oil amount guage works, but my oil temp dont.

what shall i do...hill power told me that it is usually the sensor?

cheers

the oil TEMP and oil LEVEL are combined, but do not use the same sensor. Oil pressure is a different sensor all together.

the price of the sensor is crazy...renault charge £80 for the sensor and no refund if it doesnt make a change thats CRAZY..lol

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

they wont refund any part thats been fitted im afraid.its normally the sensor that faults though.

Ph1 172, Mini 2.0l T

Had the same problem, oil temp gauge didnt work but oil level did, changed the combined sensor and job done. Can be done from underneath car without removing much, think I just removed battery and airfilter for a better view

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

on the front of the engine near where the sump and the block join togethor on the right hand side.quite close to the oil filter but lower down.the connector is pointing up.