ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil under my inlet manifold

Clio 182
I've noticed I've got oil around my rocker cover under my inlet manifold, is this defo the rocker cover leaking or is there something else that could be leaking?
Also on the front of the engine is a sensor of some sort and the electric plug was off, what's this for

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
It's usually one of the rocker cover bolts, I had it on mine so undid the leaky one and put gasket sealant under the head of the bolt, no more leaks.

Clio 182
Shall I pry it up a little to get the sealant in?
Going to jet wash it off and try and see where it's coming from! I

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Shall I pry it up a little to get the sealant in?
Going to jet wash it off and try and see where it's coming from! I
No don't do that you'll f*ck the timing up, you need special cam locking tools if you remove the rocker cover.

First thing i'd do is clean all the oil off everything so you can see exactly where the leak's coming from.

Clio 182
Hi guys. I had this same issue of oil leaking from these bolts and applied this fix but now the car is running very rough. Could removing the bolts have messed up the timing?? I removed them one by one, put sealant around the head and then made sure each one was tight before moving onto the next but now I'm worried i have screwed the timing...:(