ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil went everywere

RenaultSport clio 18
i was driving along when i felt a flat spot, then sum funny noises, not gud i am thinking. i drive the car home very slowly n it wudnt go into gear very easy n wud vibrate n when i get home there is a trail of oil. so i park it in the garage n oil went everywere leaking like mad... i checked the engine oil n the dipstick is reading fine. so it must b the gear box.
is this coverd on warrenty???

RenaultSport clio 18
rite i have had a gud look around n i can see 2 holes in the gear box. plus bits of metal are all over the place, so it defo needs a new gear box, dunno what other damge there is as the engine run really lumpy just before it went. just got to hope it is all covered bye warrenty. gunna take all the mods off 2moro decat viper etc so they dont try blame anything on them.

2 hole? Any pictures sound like the clutch etc may have blow there should only be one hole in it to fill it up.
emove the mods yep but they shouldn't matter.
Your flywheel etc may have been broken hence its rough running and the thing just gave way in the end.

ICE'dberg MK2 172
4k... mine went after 650miles!!!!! expect a long wait. Had to have mine built as they had non on the shelf. Total cost.... £2495 plus 5 weeks hire car (astra) plus 1st service free as compensation. Would have been cheaper to have given me a new one.

All covered by warranty...........Hope it's under warranty for you!!!

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
s**t.. Mine has stated feeling lumpy and sounds rough when cold. Its on 4.5k as well but it nearly a year old. When you come off the gas it decelerates quick, fells like its lost it glide..If you know what I mean..? Thought it might have just needed an oil change, but now I'm worried..

RenaultSport clio 18
Nez said:
sh*t.. Mine has stated feeling lumpy and sounds rough when cold. Its on 4.5k as well but it nearly a year old. When you come off the gas it decelerates quick, fells like its lost it glide..If you know what I mean..? Thought it might have just needed an oil change, but now I'm worried..

mine only felt lumpy for about 30secs b4 it happened. get it checked out or sumin

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Nez said:
sh*t.. Mine has stated feeling lumpy and sounds rough when cold. Its on 4.5k as well but it nearly a year old. When you come off the gas it decelerates quick, fells like its lost it glide..If you know what I mean..? Thought it might have just needed an oil change, but now I'm worried..

expriencin the same thing. :( looses speed so quick...