ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oilcooler fitted!!

Looks good.

Am hoping to get one for mine soon.

What size is it? Did you have any problems fitting it?

It,s a 14 Row, 420mm wide I think. If I where about to buy one again I would try to get one that the hoses comes out of the sides to have more room towards the bumber.

No problems fitting, besides not tightening the oilfilter hard enoug the first try. Results: 4 litres of new oil all over my floor. :p

Much better the second time.

Clio 1.6 16V

Wheres the oil thermostatic valve? ..... essential during normal road use with oil coolers otherwise oil can take ages to reach temperature in colder weather with obvious results.

Quote: Originally posted by Flying Scotsman on 05 October 2003

Wheres the oil thermostatic valve? ..... essential during normal road use with oil coolers otherwise oil can take ages to reach temperature in colder weather with obvious results.
It is in the sandwich (between the engine and the oilfilter) or whatever you britts call it. As an old Porsche-dude I know what its like to run a car with a non bad theromstat! ;)

Clio 1.6 16V

Ah right .....sorry mate, just checking :) I forgot some of the later systems had a wax thermostat embedded in the sandwich plate. Much better. The ones I used in the past were discrete dual port inline versions. You should notice a big difference in cooling on the track. Oil is much more efficient at removing heat from the engine than water. I take it you have flushed the block and radiator and used 50% antifreeze to ensure that the water cooling is up to scratch? Or are you running a modified engine that is creating the increased heat?

Quote: Originally posted by Flying Scotsman on 06 October 2003

I take it you have flushed the block and radiator and used 50% antifreeze to ensure that the water cooling is up to scratch? Or are you running a modified engine that is creating the increased heat?
Having been through 3 headgaskets this summer, I have to say the systems been pretty flushed ;).

I am running a F7P whith a Megane F7R 2.0 bottom end. Willy ECU whith Prima Chip. Not realy sure what have been my problem. But Now I have done it all: Oilcooler, low temp thermostat for the water, low temp fan switch, new antifreeze.

Titanium 182

looks great

on a standard engine is it worth running 50% antifreeze as im about to flush mine

Quote: Originally posted by Dean on 07 October 2003

looks great

on a standard engine is it worth running 50% antifreeze as im about to flush mine
Remebre Antifreeze also is "AntiRust" and lubricates the watersystem.

BMW 320d Sport

Ouch 350 Euros! I got a 16 row 235mm oil cooler with two downward facing connections so no pipe problems, steel braided hoses and a sandwich plate the same as yours with the oilstat built in, for about £100...around 150 Euros? Well that was direct from Mocal (their distributors Think Automotive who are on the forum occasionally) a couple of years ago but a good price I thought. Its only about half the width of yours, but it does the job. Your one is the size of my chargecooler rad! Good on you though, that oil cooler I put in was the best hundred quid I ever spent, made a huge difference to my temps on track and on long fast runs, where the water rad on its own just couldnt keep the temp down.