ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ok Big Problem

BMW Z4
Hi guys was driving along normall road, when my lights turned off, so i indicated to pull into the side of the road and my indicators didnt work, so i pulled over and turned the car off turned it back on but nothing happened car didnt even start, wasnt far from my house thankfully so my mate whelled me down the road was on a hill so tired a few jump starts but nothing!....i called out the RAC as its under my insurance and they couldnt find a problem, so toed my car to a garage today and his diognostic machine wouldnt even turn on could not find a fault so goin to renault but the erliest time they can take it is a week today ( friday ) im totally gutted as this will probably cost a fortune and im carless for atleast a week! has anyone else had a similar problem like this as i'm quite worried to say the least!? cheers guys!

Check the fuses is it completly dead? sounds like a bettery gobne flat to me when the alternator or wiring has failed.

LY 182
consumer cut out fuse- open the passenger door and look at the end of the dash, there is a little cover take that off and you are looking at the fuse box.
CAREFULLY check each fuse, the amount of people bring cars to me say theyve checked all the fuses and i find theyve missed one.
bet you theres a blown fuse.

172cup
deffo sounds like alternator wiring failing/failed as edde said.

Exact same happened to me... i couldnt work it out for love nor money... til AA spotted it.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
happened to me a couple of times on my old fords was the alternator wiring on both occasions

BMW Z4
yeh all fuses have been checked both at the end of the dash and in the engine, twice over!....the battery has been checked and is fine has also been disconnected and re conected to see if it would re set itself but nothing!....the guy from RAC pointed out that my immobilisor light isnt even flashing when the keys are put in. the service light flashes a few times then goes off so it knows there is a fault just worrying the RAC and a mechanic cant find a problem everything is just totally dead no lights indicators hazzards interior lights engine doesnt even make a gasping noise as if it was a flat! just lifeless. i got a sub and amp fitted by a garage and the mechanic was curious about that but doesnt wanna point fingers.

BMW Z4
nah i could try but the cars in a garage right now and he is gonna tow it to renault on friday so dont really have the chance lol but like said the battery is running fine!

Burgandy 174 sport t
look at the feed from the alternator to battery right where it leaves the alternator bet its broken and not been charging the battery!

Reno made them too short and over time it breaks away from the loop bolted to the alternator!