ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Old cup owner on hunt for 182

R27 - 77/500
Hello,

About 3 years ago i sold my clio cup and and have been driving a focus RS since, now its time to sell that and i fancy coming back to the R sport scene, bang for buck seems to be good.

Anyway Im just after some thing to look out for.

Is the engine knock on full throttle still something to look out for? 172s were affected i recall?

Also are steering wheels still as bad and are they expensive to change?

Currently I have either RB or inferno orange on my hit list.

im going to do a search also to try find some answers.
:approve:

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Not sure about the engine knock thing. Was that a engine mount issue?
Steering wheels still melt but can pick them up for about 30 quid upwards without airbag but just swap the 1 in the car originally.
And I just sold 1 of the best standard inferno's around so ya just missed out ; p.

Evo 8 MR
The engine knock you refer to is the exhaust manifold touching the chassis, this can be reduced with a powerflex'd dogbone mount, not a big problem.

Steering wheels are just pure LOL. Everytime I came off track for a cool off at Cadwell my hands were full of bits of rubber, soon there will be nothing left of it.

Never gets as bad on the road but if it's a hot day and your doing a lot of miles then it's an issue.