ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Old Games Collections.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
N64BU.png

Goliath I
Seen a few websites where you can download classic PC games like Dungeon Keeper and Red Alert etc...

Any idea how I can run these games on a win 7/8 laptop? (cant remember which Win I'm at). Tried the basic Properties-Compatabilty option but just says it cant run on your system?

Wow! Someone likes n64!
That yours? Cracking collection
Seen a few websites where you can download classic PC games like Dungeon Keeper and Red Alert etc...

Any idea how I can run these games on a win 7/8 laptop? (cant remember which Win I'm at). Tried the basic Properties-Compatabilty option but just says it cant run on your system?
Oh! Dungeon keeper! Loved that, and DK 2. So many nostalgic memories thrown up by this thread [emoji4]

I'd be interested in knowing too.

Clio Trophy

Dosbox, might run some of them

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
^^^^ Wish hard that was mine!

No I saw this a while ago, N64 backup heaven - I'd wager though my own little collection is a lot better than most out there though.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Just get yourself an Origin account m8 - Dungeon Keeper is currently free to download.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Anyone remember the mega man games on the nes.The music was the best especially mega man 2.

BG DCI
C and c and red alert works in comparability mode on newer windows!

Usually just run as admin and in comparability for which ever windows it used to run on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goliath I
Doesn't seem to work. Tried the compatibility mode and running as administrator and it just nothing. Try it without and says I don't have administrator rights.

I f**king hate Windows 10.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I have the complete C&C collection somewhere, and was compatible with newer Windows. I don't have a laptop or PC to play it on now though!

Clio
Bit of a weird one this, but does anyone remember a game called Lola I think on the Amiga.
You had to build up your own p**n empire?

I don't have any pics to hand and I don't even play it, but I still have a MD2 with Sonic 2, plus a ton of other games for it, inc all Sonic games + Micro Machines & Streets of Rage etc, all are boxed with the instructions etc. It took me ages to put it all together (had a ton of stuff when I was a kid, sold it & then re bought it all) It's probably not worth a load now, but I won't sell it.

Clio
Not sure I recall that one? I'll have a dabble to find out tonight, though. :wink:
Sure it was Lula or Lola or something like that.
You had to hire girls, take pictures, sell pictures, pawn stuff and all that and then as you progressed you could get a studio and get better cameras, lighting props etc to make movies and things.

I think it was the Amiga.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Only ever traded in one console - the megadrive. Gutted I don't have it now. Worst way to save £100.
It's nice to know you have the old consoles/games knocking about but in reality they never really get used.

Goliath I
I was going through my emulators on the laptop and it turns out the PlayStation emulator actually runs the PS1 discs! Never played much of my PS1 games as it was a chore to get the PS2 out and hook it all up, now I can just slap a disc in the laptop and woohoo! lol

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Whilst not the oldest game in my collection this is by far the rarest and most valuable item I have. I know of only 3 original prototype / development cartridges that were ever made (I put them together myself) and somehow at least one made it into the public domain. It's a very early build of the cancelled / unreleased version of Frogger 2 on the Nintendo N64 (circa 1998). I was lead programmer on the N64 version and this would also be the first commercial game I worked on. In addition to maintaining the (shortlived) N64 version I was also responsible for developing the 3D graphics engine that it used. Happy days. An original prototype cart sold on ebay for $2,700.

A quick / crappy video. It doesn't show much because the game was only weeks into development and the team developing it was still being put together! I remember putting it together and "Andy's Play Pen" :tonguewink: Sadly 99% of the content is not available as it required a hookup to pull data in directly from a devkit (for data that was not stored on the cart itself).

I just can't seem to escape the world of Frogger! :ROFLMAO:

A group of Frogger fans got hold of me through LinkedIn as they were trying to get in touch with developers who had worked on previous Frogger games. The group has a few technical guys who were after advice and guidance for a couple of projects they were working on; mainly disassembling and reverse engineering some older games and making an editor to open the games up to the modding community. One of the other projects they were working on was a fan-made Frogger-esque game. They asked me to get involved so I kinda threw a few bits together and helped them out a bit. They had decided to use Unreal Engine 4 despite not really having any experience with it. Or any gamedev experience at all really. Yesterday, the first day I've felt half with it recently, I migrated the project over to Unreal Engine 5. Got to be a bit careful as we don't want to tread on toes or trigger copyright/trademark violations, despite the group trying to get in touch with Konami (and previous developers/publishers) with a view to potentially exploring putting a new game together of some sort. Anyways, enough rambling - here's a bit of a demo. It's a prototype (home-brew project) and lots of stuff is missing/not implemented. The levels and graphics are a bit rough as they were put together mainly as proof of concept. Nothing ground-breaking, but fun nonetheless.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of a thread resurrection, very jealous of the collections in here.

I've been watching lots of youtube videos of people buying old games and consoles from carboots/charity shops/cex and I I think my new hobby is now retro gaming, or at least the collecting part 🤣

Last week I got my old stuff out to see what I have, I have a megadrive, n64, ps2 and DS collection. I also have a 360 at my parents house that I want to go and grab (can't believe this is now borderline retro).

I don't have many of my old consoles (NES/SNES/Game Boy/Playstation/fat PS2/GBA/Xbox OG/PSP/Wii) as they all got sold to fund next gens, I don't know why my parents allowed me to sell them since they spent a fortune on them and the games new, and I got virtually nothing for them. I presume to teach me life lessons on having to make choices/sacrifices etc.

I really want to rebuy the old consoles, prices are expensive though it seems, I dunno if going to car boots on a Sunday morning is how I want to spend my time either 😂 I'd also like to buy some of the one's I never had, I'm thinking dreamcast, gamecube and possibly the wii u.

I don't know if I really want to play them, but I want to collect them at least. If anyone is selling anything lmk!

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I have a few bits and pieces I've collected, but honestly most of the old games are total shite and only worth playing for a bit of nostalgia. There are a very few that I still enjoy but in general fond memories are best kept that way.

I went through the phase of collecting anything that used to interest me and had way too much stuff that was basically meaningless, so now I just have things which actually resonate with me, a couple of old handhelds from the very early 80s, a PS1, an Amiga, VIC-20, Acorn Electron and a few bits of software. They're just nice objects to have and remind me of happy times in my life.

E30kev

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi S3 8V
Closest I’ve got to retro are the mini NES, SNES and Mega Drive that were released in limited numbers a couple of years ago.
They are all brilliant and have most of the games you’d want to play installed internally.

These can be hacked to add as many games as you like too, but it’s something I’ve not explored.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I have a few bits and pieces I've collected, but honestly most of the old games are total shite and only worth playing for a bit of nostalgia. There are a very few that I still enjoy but in general fond memories are best kept that way.

I went through the phase of collecting anything that used to interest me and had way too much stuff that was basically meaningless, so now I just have things which actually resonate with me, a couple of old handhelds from the very early 80s, a PS1, an Amiga, VIC-20, Acorn Electron and a few bits of software. They're just nice objects to have and remind me of happy times in my life.

Yeh I do agree, firing up anything pre PS2 gen often results in disappointment, definitley best left as memories. As said, I don't really think I'm in this to play them, more to just own them, nice things to have as a massive nerd 🤣

Closest I’ve got to retro are the mini NES, SNES and Mega Drive that were released in limited numbers a couple of years ago.
They are all brilliant and have most of the games you’d want to play installed internally.

These can be hacked to add as many games as you like too, but it’s something I’ve not explored.

I had the mini NES but sold it pretty sharpish when the values went really high. It was ok but I think I'm more in this for the collection than the actual gaming. The latest Xbox is supposed to make an excellent emulator if that's what you're into, and switch has a lot of retro games on it too if you pay for online.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I watched someone stream Zelda OOT the other day and I knew the whole area like the back of my hand

Tempted to get a switch just for some old school N64 games.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Cant beat a bit of retro gaming. I have nes, snes, master system, megadrive 2 and ps1. Got them all when free/v cheap. Perfect for winter when the weather is crap, no pissing about updating software, plug and play. The modern emulators are ok and i also have one for mame etc, but generally the gameplay is not as good as the OG systems.

Only downside to old consoles is really need an old crt to use the shooting games like duck hunt and time crisis. The normal games work ok on the old plasma with no lag though.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Cant beat a bit of retro gaming. I have nes, snes, master system, megadrive 2 and ps1. Got them all when free/v cheap. Perfect for winter when the weather is crap, no pissing about updating software, plug and play. The modern emulators are ok and i also have one for mame etc, but generally the gameplay is not as good as the OG systems.

Only downside to old consoles is really need an old crt to use the shooting games like duck hunt and time crisis. The normal games work ok on the old plasma with no lag though.
They did do a Time Crisis that works with non CRT tvs, it used sensors.

I had it when it came out and it did work surprisingly well, but it was still not a patch on TC2 on the PS2 with a proper light gun.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
They did do a Time Crisis that works with non CRT tvs, it used sensors.

I had it when it came out and it did work surprisingly well, but it was still not a patch on TC2 on the PS2 with a proper light gun.

That is awesome never new that! Ill have a sniff round to see if available for ps1.

Fond memories of hiring it out from blockbuster back in my youth.

Was playing Time Crisis and Point Blank in arcade club in Leeds a while back. Both epic.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I still have:

ZX Spectrum
Atari 400 (blown PSU)
Game Boy (original)
Mega Drive
N64
Xbox (original)

Did have a Master System, don't know what happened to that

Unfortunately sold PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4 & PSP

Anyone heard of the Analogue stuff? I've love to get it, pricey though...

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
How are your soldering skills? Some of the older stuff might need minor repairs and upgrades as parts, of course, degrade and can fail over time. I've another Atari 2600 "Woody" that I can't switch on yet as I need to replace a few capacitors and the odd chip here or there. Same with the C64 and BBC Micro B (and possibly Dragon 32). I guess it depends on how retro you want to go and whether you are interested in home computers, consoles, or both (for example).

I had set aside a shed load of money and was just about to get UK Home Cinemas (or whatever they are called) to build my home cinema room/setup and to include units etc. for my collection. I decided to buy the GT4 instead so most of my collection is still packed away in boxes... :ROFLMAO:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
How are your soldering skills? Some of the older stuff might need minor repairs and upgrades as parts, of course, degrade and can fail over time. I've another Atari 2600 "Woody" that I can't switch on yet as I need to replace a few capacitors and the odd chip here or there. Same with the C64 and BBC Micro B (and possibly Dragon 32). I guess it depends on how retro you want to go and whether you are interested in home computers, consoles, or both (for example).

I had set aside a shed load of money and was just about to get UK Home Cinemas (or whatever they are called) to build my home cinema room/setup and to include units etc. for my collection. I decided to buy the GT4 instead so most of my collection is still packed away in boxes... :ROFLMAO:
I don't want to go that old, I only want to go my lifetime old so 90s onwards, stuff I played as a child whether it was mine or a friends.

Do love a bit of soldering though, I'm a bit partial to an episode of my mate vince or 12 🤣

Also, buying the GT4 was 100% the right move in that scenario 😂