ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Ollie's Silver Cup
Re: Iceberg 172 Cup Project

Your car is really smart, i love it.

As said above the CL pads are just for men really ;) your nice cup would be more suited to Ferodo DS2500's.

They will give you more than enough braking performance.

Your none starting problem deffo sounds like the TDC sensor :)

Cheers!

Yeah, the staining from the CL pads would annoy me I think, as I do like to keep it looking relatively clean...even though I'm an epic hero tbqfh :rasp: lol!!

It seems people running DS2500's are generally very happy with them, so I'm sure they'll be more than sufficient :approve:

Strange one about the none starting problem, it seems have been absolutely the past few days, no issues at all! It's probably worth while me giving the tdc sensor a clean anyway regardless :)

I have the same Battery LOL

As for Brakes, I Run Brembo HC Discs front with Ferodo DS2500's, and rear OEM Discs with Ferodo DS2500's.

I assume you would recommend that setup then? :)

Clio 182

Really nice, i'm jealous tbh but very inspirational since I have an iceberg too!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Quick update re current goings on; Turinis are going and being replaced with anthracite 2118s :cool:

Been looking for somewhere online to order from, hoping I could order tonight, but had no luck. Just waiting on getting a price back now and then the wheels and tyres will be ordered :D

172 Cup

Stunning cup mate! Ive really enjoyed the read through the whole thread and must say i love everything you have done so far with the car!

Can i ask what products you have used on the paint? (im right into my detailing) It has a hell of a glossy shine for a silver car ;)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Anthracite 2118's ordered; luckily Speedline had them in stock, so they're being delivered Tuesday :cool:

Stunning cup mate! Ive really enjoyed the read through the whole thread and must say i love everything you have done so far with the car!

Can i ask what products you have used on the paint? (im right into my detailing) It has a hell of a glossy shine for a silver car ;)

Cheers; some of it's probably down to the photos tbh, but I've been using Dodo juice supernatural :)

YES, Camskill, toyo t1-r's, £29.10 inc VAT. Job done. Unless your one of the 'hate t1-r brigade', lol.

I've no problem with T1-R's; running them at the moment. They're not the best in the wet, but can't really complain for the price! :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

I've been after a set of 2118's for a while now, good choice.

However I think the silver turinis you have on it now, look spot on (better)

Ollie's Silver Cup

I've always liked 2118's and I really like the silver turinis, but just a little bored of them

After spying a few anthracite 2118's around FCS on Sunday I was very impressed with how they look! :D

n/a

oliver when i get another 172 we have to meet up and do a photo shoot i wana admire your car closer than when i passed it at fosse park 1 word for it and it is MINT.

n/a

yeh would be worth it there are a few around give it a few weeks though:eek: i need to sell my van first, then im in the market for one

n/a

172 ph1 or normal 172 for now but if i get a 182 for decent money then one of them.

Ollie's Silver Cup

172 ph1 or normal 172 for now but if i get a 182 for decent money then one of them.

Really into ph1's at the moment tbh! :cool:

I'm sure I read somewhere on here about someone having problems using the locking wheels nuts from their turinis on 2118's? I cannot find the post now, but I am assuming I will have no problem using the existing bolts, etc? :)

Last edited:
  Ollie's Silver Cup

I'd noticed the past few days that the stealth was visible under the rear bumper; the dreaded sagging stealth!! :dapprove:

Had a quick look under the car this morning and the exhaust was completely out of the rubber on rear mount; it was just resting on the bottom metal edge of the mount!

With a bit of persuasion I managed to get it back into the rubber section of the mount, but the mount is clearly not good enough for the weight of the exhaust. The mount was supplied new when the exhaust was fitted, but it doesn't seem anything like the oe quality one! :(

It's sitting like this and massively pulling the rubber down!

4724116990_52174e6e94.jpg

Having the day off of work today, I decided to give the car a clean this morning too; it wasn't particularly dirty, but it's looking pretty gleaming again right now :D

I picked up a dodo juice supernatural wash mitt last Sunday at FCS too, which I'm really impressed with! It does take like half a bucket of water at a time though :cool: Would highly recommend them though, the best wash mitt I've used imo! I think I'm going to give their supernatural shampoo a go next, once I've ran out of my current stuff :)

4723463411_823dcf975e.jpg

And while I was just clearing away from cleaning the car, a courier arrived with my tyres; Yokohama Parada spec 2 in 195/50/15.

4724117326_bb90727bca.jpg

Just awaiting another courier to arrive with the Speedlines and I'll be all set; hoping they come this morning or early afternoon so I have time to get the tyres mounted and on the car today! :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

2118's have not long arrived! First impressions are that they look very good! :D

Hoping to find somewhere that can get the tyres on this afternoon, otherwise I'll have to wait until the weekend.

4724432344_0d02dd5996.jpg

4724432844_3b49ed5bd3.jpg

4723781281_816d5934f1.jpg

Ollie's Silver Cup

Stunning, why the choice on those tyre's over toyo's ?

I've never had a problem with the Toyo's, but they don't inspire the greatest confidence in the wet imo! :)

The Parada spec 2's seem to get pretty good reviews, so thought I'd give them a try; bargain at £160 for four delivered! :cool:

Audi TT 3.2

get them fitted!! im going to have to come see this when you have them fitted! will looks amazing!

Ollie's Silver Cup

I've been out tonight cleaning the tyre soap off of the tyres and giving them a healthy coating of Meguires endurance tyre gel; certainly made a difference! :D

I need to do something with the centre that's visible, with the 2118's obviously having no centre cap to cover things up! Similar thing with the wheel bolts/nuts looking a little ropey! Will have to get these couple of things tidied :)

Couple of the photos posted in the media thread...

4724744483_9149b8a151.jpg

4724743243_4167d697b2.jpg

Have a couple of other little bits to do to the exterior, which I'll get around to over the next couple/few weeks!

The next substantial purchase will be JMS's RS2 intake manifold; it's a very appealing package and fits my needs perfectly imo! I was looking into the ITB route, but since the arrival of their kit, I think that's the way I shall most likely venture! :)

Audi TT 3.2

looks amazing mate.

do you think you will go any lower?

the reason i got rid of my 2118's was i hated the arch gap, but doesnt look to bad on yours!

Ollie's Silver Cup

looks nice mate got more of a racey look if ya get what i mean,lovin it.:approve:

Cheers mate! :cool:

Very very very nice indeed

Deffo go for the ITB's :)

Thanks! It was your car that made me want to give the car this type of look :)

I think in all honesty I'll be going down the JMS intake route.

I'm very impressed by the both the results published so far and the package being offered itself. Seeing it at FCS it looked awesome too! :)

looks amazing mate.

do you think you will go any lower?

the reason i got rid of my 2118's was i hated the arch gap, but doesnt look to bad on yours!

Cheers mate! Won't be going any lower, however, the car must be sitting fractionally lower than it did as I'm struggling to get onto my drive now lol!! I can get up crawling up the far left edge of it, but going straight up the middle would take the splitter off :eek:

I think the arch gap is about the same as it was with the turini's tbh, maybe because of the 50 tyres. I'm happy with how it's sitting :)

wheels look cracking!

Thanks! :D

Ollie's Silver Cup

Photos from my other media thread, after the car was given a clean and polish! :)

4735672800_4d20c8f3b6.jpg

4735035467_e7b07a41f5.jpg

4735036839_811da36743.jpg

4735674982_98b97942f1.jpg

4735675352_0e3dfff146.jpg

Brakes will be ordered either this week or next; I have Monday off of work, so perhaps best to try and get delivery sorted for then!

As posted previously will be Brembo High Carbon discs and most likely Ferrodo DS2500 pads! I really like the sound of the Carbone Lorraines also, but I don't think I could be doing with the dust!! :eek: