ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

172DD Cup
Re: Iceberg 172 Cup Project

i was thinking the same about the tyres. always fancied dark alloys too. only drawback is i would have to factor in the cost of lowered suspension too, the standard height is too high and would look worse with smaller alloys.

Ollie's Silver Cup

The Yokohama Parada's were only £160 for the 4 tyres in that size :D

2118's from Speedline are pretty reasonably priced also and the service was fantastic!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Decided on and ordered the 295mm Wilwood 4-pot kit from Jam-Sport

I was thinking the PF97 pads, but decided on Ferodo DS2500, as advised by Mark :)

Should be here and fitted mid-week! :D

Ollie's Silver Cup

stock brakes are not good enough ?

Never had a problem with them as such; I was going to just replace the discs and pads with Brembo HC and DS2500s and add braided lines

However, I've always quite fancied some 4-pots, so thought why not :eek:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Decided on and ordered the 295mm Wilwood 4-pot kit from Jam-Sport

I was thinking the PF97 pads, but decided on Ferodo DS2500, as advised by Mark :)

Should be here and fitted mid-week! :D

I have Ferodo DS2500 fitted to my 4 pots, so much better then the previous Hawk (fast road track pads) I had fitted before.

Ollie's Silver Cup

I have a few days off this week, so brakes will be fitted Friday all being well! :)

Just got to decide on and get the brake fluid! Any recommendations would be most appreciated! ;)

R14 CUP

I have a spare litre of ATE blue, if one would like to purchase it from myself.

Ollie's Silver Cup

I have a spare litre of ATE blue, if one would like to purchase it from myself.

I ordered a litre of ATE blue last night :) I'm assuming a litre will be more than enough? How much do are you wanting for your spare litre? :rasp:

R14 CUP

1 litre will be more than fine, i used about 3/4 of a tin when i changed the fluid on mine last week.

Dunno tbh, not sure what it cost me tbh!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Thought I'd give it a clean this morning, as waiting in for brakes being delivered!

I don't care if it rains now (which it probably will)...car's clean, shiny and in the garage :rasp:

Poorly framed photo...

4903801709_067eb758a6.jpg

:D

Ollie's Silver Cup

Thanks! :)

ATE brake fluid arrived today...

4907913019_753ef51a0d.jpg

Just awaiting the brake kit to arrive now; it was expected yesterday or today, but sadly hasn't turned up yet.

A little set-back as they were booked to go on tomorrow morning, which I've had to cancel, but Mark @ Jamsport has been great in keeping me up to date with the order and trying to chase it up with the courier today! :star:

Fingers crossed they arrive tomorrow!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Update from today; the couriers appear to have lost the delivery, they don't know it is or where it's gone :dead:

Bit of an annoyance, as the car was booked in to get them fitted today :(

However, Mark / Jamsport are sorting out a replacement kit, which should be with me early next week :)

Cannot fault Mark or Jam-Sport at all; they have been fantastic as far as dealing with the order and chasing what's going on with the courier over the past couple of days! Would highly recommend them! :D

Obviously, what's happens to the kit while it's been with the courier is completely out of their control, but the way they've sorted it so promptly is great customer service imo!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Update; brakes arrived today! :cool:

Wilwood midilite 4-pot callipers:

4927002178_528b974ccd.jpg

Rather tasty looking mounting brackets and braided lines:

4927001746_ffa959e99d.jpg

Ferodo DS2500 pads:

4927001232_dc24b05bb8.jpg

295mm Brembo HC discs:

4926406295_b24d713a11.jpg

Bit of a wait in getting them, following an issue with the courier, but they look to have been worth the wait! :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Update; brakes arrived today! :cool:

Wilwood midilite 4-pot callipers:

4927002178_528b974ccd.jpg

Rather tasty looking mounting brackets and braided lines:

4927001746_ffa959e99d.jpg

Ferodo DS2500 pads:

4927001232_dc24b05bb8.jpg

295mm Brembo HC discs:

4926406295_b24d713a11.jpg

Bit of a wait in getting them, following an issue with the courier, but they look to have been worth the wait! :)

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep

looks lovely just ordered mine, but with red callipers :) amazing level of service from mark at jamsport, gonna keep my eye on this as im gonna try fit them myself with my mate

Ollie's Silver Cup

looks lovely just ordered mine, but with red callipers :) amazing level of service from mark at jamsport, gonna keep my eye on this as im gonna try fit them myself with my mate

I agree; had a nightmare with the courier (they lost the first kit that was sent out!! and didn't collect the second on the day they were supposed to!!) but Mark and Matt at Jam-Sport were always very helpful and did their best to sort it as soon as possible!! :cool:

Excellent customer service tbh! :D

Ollie's Silver Cup

Updates from the past week or so; although, these photos have been posted elsewhere in the media section :)

The Wilwood 4-pots went on last Friday, just over a week ago.

4932486146_2450157804_z.jpg

4931895375_9e79955956_z.jpg

After bedding them in and using them over the past week, I believe they were money well spent! For the price, I think you'd be hard pushed to match the kit; I'm very impressed by it! :D

I went from the standard Renault set-up to these Wilwood's with Ferodo DS2500's, so the difference feels night and day! Pedal feel is nice and progressive too :approve:

Again, as posted elsewhere, the service from Jam-Sport was great; customer service was second to none! :cool:

I gave the car a clean over the weekend too, and went out for a few photos down the road. Again, these have been posted elsewhere on the site.

4937901534_c19720eedd_z.jpg

4937900918_75d7cf6666_z.jpg

4937312683_4d8bd53045_z.jpg

4937309611_a243636527_z.jpg

4937898920_5f7ca480d5_z.jpg

MOT is due this month; hoping it won't be a problem! :dead:

Once that's out the way, the next thing I'll be focusing on is ITB's and making a start on collecting bits and pieces :)

I've briefly spoke to Mark @ Jam Sport about the AT-Power kit and I think this will most likely be the bodies I'll be using!

If I can get everything bought and get the car running and mapped by next summer at the latest I'll be more than happy! (however, I'm hoping it will be done much sooner!) :eek:

Clio 172 Cup

I have just had a read of this whole thread and I am very impressed by the attention to detail to your car. It looks stunning! In my opinion the new Speedline's look imense and suit the ride height. 15 inch and cheap tyres is a bonus. How do the Parada Spec 2's perform compared to the t1-r's? Any chance of some engine bay and interior w**** pics and maybe another video of the exhaust system? Keep it up and keep us posted. I'm sure the MOT will be fine as it look extremely well looked after :)

Renaultsport Clio 172

Your car is so inmaculate that I wouldnt go the ITB path. better the RS2 manifold as you keep it "standard", bodies just require cutting and messing, and this is such a nice sample that would be a sin IMO, besides the difference in performance is so minimal.

Ollie's Silver Cup

I have just had a read of this whole thread and I am very impressed by the attention to detail to your car. It looks stunning! In my opinion the new Speedline's look imense and suit the ride height. 15 inch and cheap tyres is a bonus. How do the Parada Spec 2's perform compared to the t1-r's? Any chance of some engine bay and interior w**** pics and maybe another video of the exhaust system? Keep it up and keep us posted. I'm sure the MOT will be fine as it look extremely well looked after :)

Thanks; I prefer the 15" 2118's over the 16" Turinis :) Personally, I think the Parada's are better that the T1'R's; feels a lot grippier in the dry :D

Wet performance is mediocre, but so were the T1R's!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Your car is so inmaculate that I wouldnt go the ITB path. better the RS2 manifold as you keep it "standard", bodies just require cutting and messing, and this is such a nice sample that would be a sin IMO, besides the difference in performance is so minimal.

I'm undecided on which way to go tbh; I change my mind frequently haha! :clown:

I think I've decided, then see something that makes me think otherwise!

172 Cup

Love it mate...its by far my most favourite iceberg on the site! your future plans sound great aswel.