ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Olympus camera

Audi S1
Hello Camera geeks.

My old man just bought this Camera for my mum, I don't no why she has a decent sony one already.

But anyway, is it any good? It's only a 12.3mp which doesn't seem that high, I don't no much about these things so why isit so expensive?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002CGS52K/?tag=cliospnet01-21

His just asked me to buy her the add-on flash which is £155!

I take it this is some serious bit of kit.

Thanks

Go cry to your momma!
That's the one advertised on TV of late..seems to be a nice bit of kit.

In the case of MP, 12.3 on this will give very good quality results as i presume it has a very good sensor in it.

I think I'd still go for a full blown SLR though..

Suzuki Ignis
I want one of these as an 'upgrade' from my SLR. I see it as an upgrade for the type of stuff i want to do. Class cameras tbh.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Have to say I like the idea of these, still think I'd just about rather have a proper DSLR though. I think the GF-1 is meant to be slightly better than this one, but they're both good. I've noticed a few people who sold their D300's etc for one of these have ended up selling them, so perhaps they're not quite what people make them out to be. Love the pancake lens and small build though!

Funking loved the preporduction one I played with! Great camera, would actually consider one to replace my aging Olympus E1

Ian

Focus TDCi
So is this just a small SLR then?

Pretty much. You can get adapters to fit all types of lenses on them too, look hilarious with massive telephotos on them.

We said it on our Olympus E-P1 review and the same applies here: the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 is the camera many enthusiasts have been waiting for. It packs a DSLR-sized sensor into a relatively compact body, with the added bonuses of interchangeable lenses and HD video. The advantage of using a DSLR-sized sensor is much lower noise, higher dynamic range and a potentially shallower depth-of-field than a typical compact can offer – and in use the GF1, like the E-P1 before it, delivers all of these benefits. The Lumix GF1 and E-P1 achieve this goal by adopting the Micro Four Thirds standard developed by Olympus and Panasonic. This takes the sensor size of the existing Four Thirds DSLR standard, but dispenses with the traditional SLR mirror and optical viewfinder to allow a much shorter lens to sensor distance. This in turn enables smaller and lighter cameras to be built, while the mount allows different lenses to be fitted.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
No. An SLR is a single lens reflex, which this is not. Its more of a super quality compact with high quality interchangeable lenses.
I see, presumed since it had interchangeable lens it would work with the olympus slr len's but obviously not.

To me it seem a great money making exercise from olympus, you have to buy everything again.

There is a 4thirds - micro 4thirds adaptor available so yes they will work.

its a different market point tbh. My ideal line up would include one of these and a leica M9 :D

There Four thirds SLR cameres are great - the E-620 is superb.... is a lot cheaper... and has a flash and view finder lol!