ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMG I Just Noticed Something!

Der Panzer
Anyone in Glasgow got a V6 that wants to tango and find out? Private stretch of course.

Clio 182 + Recaros
However, they both appear to be beaten by the MG ZT which is a truly terrible car !

I'm thinking you could have a debate about the merits of a cup, ff, v6 etc
Without a satisfactory outcome - because every Renault owner will have a certain amount of bias.

Megane 225 Cup
indeed.. does make sense that the lap was in the rain, i would be shocked if the cup could have beaten it, i mean there is a huge power difference.

Lotus Elise
ph1 V6 isn't massively quick. i can put ground on them in my gti. i'd say the ph1 V6 is a bit slower than a cup in a straight line from my experience

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
The V6 (it was Ph2) time was in extremely wet condidtions, the Stig span it a few times tryng to push it to its limit, IIRC he said that it would have been loads quicker in the dry. But it probably wouldnt have been a whole lot faster than the cup time, as from my experiance against V6's, there isnt a whole lot in it in a straight line :)

172 cup TT
Its not fair comparing the top of the range clio to a V6..
(Surely someone has to bite this time ;) )

Troll-man

Ph-Sold!
GM_182 said:
However, they both appear to be beaten by the MG ZT which is a truly terrible car !

I'm thinking you could have a debate about the merits of a cup, ff, v6 etc
Without a satisfactory outcome - because every Renault owner will have a certain amount of bias.

MG ZT V8 though, terrible or not it has a reasonable engine (not that I'd want one!)

V6 is a load of sh*t IMHO.........

......thats why i've just purchased a 1.2 16v Campus Sport, woooooohoooooo:approve:

I reckon i'll have any vee through the twisties in my 1.2!:evil:

MINI JCW
Steve2004 said:
Indeed it was. It even went across the finishing line backwards!

I actually watched the episode the other night as it was repeated on SKY. The funny thing is in his review he never once slated the V6 255 for some of the things that he slated the 182 for, such as crap interior and build quality for a 15k car but failed to say anything about the same issues on a 27k car. I do find him entertaining but sometimes I think he talks crap.

He also claimed the V6 looked like a supercar (agree), sounds like a supercar (agree) and goes like supercar (I dont think so!)

janice_oh_my.jpg

An orange one
gazcaddy said:
I actually watched the episode the other night as it was repeated on SKY. The funny thing is in his review he never once slated the V6 255 for some of the things that he slated the 182 for, such as crap interior and build quality for a 15k car but failed to say anything about the same issues on a 27k car. I do find him entertaining but sometimes I think he talks crap.

He also claimed the V6 looked like a supercar (agree), sounds like a supercar (agree) and goes like supercar (I dont think so!)

erm...the v6 interior is built a hell of a lot better than the other clio's

ask any owner!

the vee is about soooo much more than speed..all going fast does these days is get you points..might as well just go a bit slower and enjoy the vee experience...going slow in a cup is boring..i know..i traded my cup for a vee

Ziel Nurburgring
Why all of a sudden has the 172/182 all of a sudden become the best and fastest car ever built? lol

To drive the Vee's quickly you actually have to possess some driving skill, where as most can drive the others at pace.

E91 M Sport
"but to keep making comparisons between the two was to miss the point; the V6 was a completely different car"

Evo 079

Corsa C 1.2
i think all you 172/182 owners who slate the vee non-stop can shove all your Sh1t up ur big fat 4rs3s n fauk off, i probably know more about cars than quite a lot of you n im probs at least 8 years younger, if not more than all of you, basically what im tryin to say is back off!

An orange one
i think its quite pathetic that this comes up over and over again, cliosport is a joke the way people get jealous and slate the higher models..would be nice to take the attitude of respect most other owners clubs have for the range toppers not slate them for what they are not..

probably why i regret my membership fee and seldom use this club, infact i wouldnt have known this thread was here had it not been brought up on a mature car site in jest!

Andy luvs V6's said:
i think all you 172/182 owners who slate the vee non-stop can shove all your Sh1t up ur big fat 4rs3s n fauk off, i probably know more about cars than quite a lot of you n im probs at least 8 years younger, if not more than all of you, basically what im tryin to say is back off!

someone has hit a raw nerve there.......

has that king stromba or what ever he is called signed on with a new screen name? Im with Steve v6 on this one. 1.2 power all the way!

Steve: dont stop at the vee take the big boys in theyre astons on in the 1.2!

But isn't the Williams the best Clio, sorry, car ever?!?!?

I wish i could afford a Williams and not have to make do with my 1.2:(

Beetle
blink172 said:
Why all of a sudden has the 172/182 all of a sudden become the best and fastest car ever built? lol

To drive the Vee's quickly you actually have to possess some driving skill, where as most can drive the others at pace.
All of a sudden? it's been this way for a while now mate, i've only been here since june last year and people have always liked slating the V6.

Scott-16v! said:
All of a sudden? people have always liked slating the V6.

Understandably so too, its a pile of s**t! Why anyone would ever part with 27k for one i'll never understand:S

An orange one
thats like astra sport hatch owners going..hahaha all you VXR owners all you get is torque steer you fools..you paid £18000 etc...

it doesnt happen! sometimes its like you lot wished renault didnt make the V6...what do you want a boring life??

lol at steve! :D

Andy luvs V6's said:

Constructive first post:clown:

Mattieuk said:
Constructive first post:clown:

Go easy on him, he loves the vee's (mis-guided fool) and is only a young 'un 13 years old or something. He'll find women and beer soon enough:approve:

Mk1 V6 Import
I know which I get more looks in form the ladies......the V6.....its the only one they look at. 172s/182s hard to tell apart from all other clios. And the noise! Immense! The road presence! Second to none! Porsche drivers top and chat for a gawk etc!

My Cup was a great little fast car. Top speed about 20 less than the Vee but who cares.....performance doesn't mean as much to me as it did when I was 12....

20 years time my Mk1 Vee will still get looks and respect as it enters classic status.....its already there actually! An icon!

Most of the 1004568930290920 172/182/Trophys will be long forgotten in about a year I'd say (197 anyone - another production hot hatch long to be forgotten in another few years) and most will reside on the scrap heap wheras, the 1512 Mk1 Vees ever made in the world (I am one of the 5 owners in the whole of Ireland!) compared with :)-)) will all still (well most) be in a private garage, on the driveway or better still in a museum!

Must go and hoke out my collection of books that have been written about the Vee.....theres one available in the shop on this forum! Great isn't it when you have a full book written about your motor! Thats when you know its special!

Now, back over to V6clio.net for some adult mature discussions......later!

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
Think some people (who supposedly like Clios) need to watch this to understand what the Vee is about ... clicky.