ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMG I Just Noticed Something!

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
The thing that I notice with many of these threads is that the V6 owners have owned 172/182s before their V6s and so have strong experience of both and can speak from experience ... but the non-V6 owners maligning the V6s have never owned or driven a V6! Strange that!

I loved my 172 ... great ... nippy and handled beautifully. However, my V6 is in a totally different class :D.

(BOCTAOE Matt Black ... but he still bought a 2nd one!)

Renault ChaVio
Smeggyman, where the f**k did you find that Clip? I'm doing my best to promote the 182 as the bhatty's choice and you find those two plums in mid engined 5 and a Clio V6. If there is not another video somewhere of those two up each other I'd be amazed.

You've ruined my case!

MINI JCW
SimonV6 said:
Not a 2 year old one you couldn't...... ;)
well not for £16k anyway.... :)

Simon

Who said anything about a two year old Ferarri, I just said I could buy one for V6 money

1.2 16v clio
personally i fink the v6 are mint n i dont c wot all the big hype is about the 172/182 yes id love 2 ave 1 but they arent wot every1 makes out them 2 b on here. and ive bin told u ave 2 be a good driver 2 drive a v6 its not just any old car.

RenaultSport clio 182 cup
some people crack me up. Obviously know f**k all about anything if they think they even compare the v6 and 182 in the first place. 182 is a good car yeah i have 1.. But i would rather have a v6! and will do :p

gazcaddy said:
Who said anything about a two year old Ferarri, I just said I could buy one for V6 money

Well you can buy a good 2 year old V6 255 now for around £18k, try buying a ferrari of the same age for that money.....thats if we are talking about buying second hand ferrari;s... ;)

anyway we are GOING WAY OFF TOPIC HERE, we are not talking about Ferrari's are we?

We where talking about the V6 255 v 182 cup at TOP GEAR.......and as anyone with any sense knows, a FLOODED track is a damn site slower than a DRY track for the same car.......jeez christ this thread is getting silly now.... :( :( :(

Simon

MINI JCW
SimonV6 said:
Well you can buy a good 2 year old V6 255 now for around £18k, try buying a ferrari of the same age for that money.....thats if we are talking about buying second hand ferrari;s... ;)

anyway we are GOING WAY OFF TOPIC HERE, we are not talking about Ferrari's are we?

We where talking about the V6 255 v 182 cup at TOP GEAR.......and as anyone with any sense knows, a FLOODED track is a damn site slower than a DRY track for the same car.......jeez christ this thread is getting silly now.... :( :( :(

Simon

Mate all I said was that the V6 should be quicker as it cost 13k more, then you said the V6 is not 13k more 2nd hand. All I was saying is that you have to compare the prices when new, I was just using an extreme example that you can buy a 2nd hand Ferrari for V6 money, Im not saying it would be any good Im just saying people could get one.

Ive said already that i think the V6 would have at least equal the 182's time and it would probably beat it

gazcaddy said:
Mate all I said was that the V6 should be quicker as it cost 13k more,

OK Mate, fair enough, well it is quicker than all other std clio's.....so ok I will agree with you there....lol ;) :)

But money ain't everything with cars is it?

Simon

MINI JCW
SimonV6 said:
OK Mate, fair enough, well it is quicker than all other std clio's.....so ok I will agree with you there....lol ;) :)

But money ain't everything with cars is it?

Simon

Exactly the V6 matched the Aston martin vanquish time, both in the wet

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
It wasn't the cup version it was a full fat 182 Sat Nav Climate Control etc with all the trimmings minus rear spoiler but with the cup suspension pack

Lotus Elise
yes the V6's are lovely cars with so much road presence but you can't deny they seriously underperform for what they are!! :dapprove:

nick s said:
yes the V6's are lovely cars with so much road presence but you can't deny they seriously underperform for what they are!! :dapprove:

still the fastest clio Renault ever made as std.....but as with all cars, it would be nice to have more power, which is why we all/most mod.... :)

They have the same power to weight as a Scoobie sti...... (the 265bhp one) so NO, they ain't slow........they ain't superfast as an EVO 330 or WR1, but they ain't slow.......

153mph, 0-60 in 5.8 and 100 in 14.6, is not slow......against thye 182's 137mph, 0-60 in 7.1 and 100 in 17.2 is it???????

fed up having to defend the V6 to NON OWNERS that know f-all about them.......on this 182 pro site.......
should change the name of this place to cliosport182.net????glad my membership is up in June... :( :(

Simon

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
my 1.2 rt would have your v6 anyday round the track, lets face it couple of minutes aint much difference in the real world is it? lol

v6 is an amazing car, you cant compare it to the 2L clios though.

jonesyx said:
my 1.2 rt would have your v6 anyday round the track, lets face it couple of minutes aint much difference in the real world is it?

Aaahhhaaaa!!! Someone has seen the light at last.........i said ages ago the 1.2 was the way forward :)

Black Gold 182
BigChris said:
this is exactly the reason why i don't come on this forum anymore... its sad to see what its become compared the old days of having my willy hybird...

why can't we all just get along?

like for like... you buy what you buy because it suits your needs, and obviously your taste

its like saying why are you drinking a jack daniels and coke when you could be drinking morgan's spiced and coke...

Its French, Its Renault, Its a Clio... this is a clio forum... lets just get on with it.

posted exactly the same reply in the other topic... as its not worth writing out twice.

Good alcoholic example. Exactly what I am thinking. Why do we have to feel superior/inferior to other cars? The 182 and V6 are totally different. As a working person, I know i cant deal with a V6 everyday but if i can afford both, I would love to have the V6 for occasional driving. The 182 is more of an everday car with more seating space.

We should get along. After all there is always a car faster or more expensive than yours. You could be driving a Murcielago and find Schumacher passing you by in his F1 lol.

E91 M Sport
dezert said:
You could be driving a Murcielago and find Schumacher passing you by in his F1 lol.

...or being passed by an FQ-400!

"Murcielago's seriously seriously underperform for what they are...blah blah, twisties, I'm a c**k, blah blah" :rolleyes:

The only thing a V6 tries to best at, is being unique. It does well at that. End of.