ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

omp boss and wheel probs.

Clio 182 & Supra
hi people. im sure somewhere on the net there is simular question and answers but to save searchin i thought id ask. just finished fitting my imp wheel and boss which arrived this morning. couple of problems though.
1. air bag light is on.
now i have connected the fuse which they supplied to one of the connections. do i need another on the other or have. i got it in wrong one. did change them round but didnt go away.
2. service light now on
im guessin this is linked to airbag light being on
3. when i went to connect battery the horn kept going off. i have disconnected it for now. but any idea why this is. got red and black hooked up right way

PH2 Flamer
Service light is on because of the airbag light. Try swapping the red and black to stop the horn.

I have a sabelt wheel, fitted before i purchased it, i think the light was just turned off by previous owner. Somehow. But you can also use resistors. Not really clued up on airbag subjects.

Clio 182 & Supra
thanks. the boss came with one resistor and fuse so will just sort out other connector. as for the horn i have tried swaping them round and that did nothin. however have had a thought of a possible fix for it

Clio 182 & Supra
right so here we are with the horn. below are the things i have tried and with no luck.

+ and - of the horn connected to the red and black wires from car = horn constantly sounding

opposite way round = same as above

+ of horn connected to red of car, - of horn connected to boss metal = - sparks like a b**ch and scared the crap out of me

so how did others do this as its peein me off

Clio 182 & Supra
cheers. i have just looked at a dtalk assembly and it looks like u replace both stals and all the bits behind the wheel. found one for 15 quid. is it just a simple swap then or are there plug wiring issues at all.

Clio 182 & Supra
ah ok well i managed to find the who "squib" (if thats correct) for 15 quid.
if replacing just the one stalk im guessin it plugs straight in, does it leave the original horn wire inside the boss as well then or is this removed as well

Clio 182 & Supra
now this is getting silly! replaced the stalk today with the horn style one, after ordering the wrong one first time round as only had rear fogs on that one! and success!!! we have a working horn. but now a new problem, service light and esp light. now i done a search and mine doesnt have abs on as well. is it something to do with the thing behind the wheel infront of the stalks? what the hell have i broke now lol!!!