ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMP discs, any experiance?

Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique 02
Hi there,

I was thinking about upgrading my brakes for the next service/ point in which I do something to the car. I don't do track, I only use the car on the road.

Have any of you guys heard about or used OMP discs? What pads would work well with them? DS2500s? Greenstuffs? Is it necessary to upgrade the brake hoses to steel braided ones? And is DOT 4.1 fluid fine for what I need?

Thanks

Sam

Clio 182
My two pence.

You have a 1.2 so braking isn't as major a concern as the bigger engined clios.

Get: Decent pads (not greenstuffs, maybe these http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2688, you don't need DS2500 for road use), good standard disks or decent aftermarkets ones like omps, braided lines and a complete refill of the brake system with good quality branded dot 4.

You don't need anything else for road use.

J.

Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique 02
I have to agree with you the fact it is a pretty small engine so I'm not going anywhere too fast!

So would this sort of set up reduce the spongy-ness? When getting new discs and brake pads is it always best to get the braided lines because thats another £55? Is there any set up that would be within £120? Or could I just leave the original discs on?

Thanks for the help

Sam

Lionel Richie
OMP should stick to the stuff they're good at and not touch brakes, their brake stuff is crap IMO