ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMP Front Strut Brace

Clio 172 Cup
Hey All,

Had a front and rear OMP strut braces delivered today and have installed the rear one already on my 182.

With the front one i know it requires drilling etc but to put the bolts through the drilled holes do you take off the wheels, inside arch covers etc or is there a easier way around this?

Any help would be great :)

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
IIRC when I fitted mine. It was a simple matter of placing it and marking holes. Then drilling 4mm hole for the self tapping bolts. Make sure you clean up all the swarf as it goes rusty pretty quick.

you are better bolting it as you have suggested and the method for doing it is again, exactly as you have suggested!

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Agree that bolting it for getting the maximum bracing effect, but unless your gonna track it I can't see the point.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Have a stainless MOMO brace waiting to go on mine, will be using the self tappers as it's only for show.