ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMP grp N exhaust

golf

Am very tempted to order this exhaust tomorrow! It for my mrk1 172. Its a three peice de-cat aluminumised steel system. Single 3 5" round tail pipe. I need your opinions before I order it as looking for a supersprint has turned up nothing. Its costing £315 including p&p.

Help me. Cheers

Quote: Originally posted by st33ly on 11 November 2004
Was it sh*te or good?

cant remember, lol
thats why i suggested PMing him

golf

Yeah Dogmaul but hes not sure what he is doing so it kind of leaves me at a blank. Ive sold the magnex and need to find a exhaust fast. Devil do a complete system @£420 but i cant afford that!

grp n is better than a performance exhaust imho aslong as its just a single small backbox and a a good bore pipe all the way through

golf

Yeah am sure it is just a single small back box, but dont know what bore it is! You think it will be to loud for everyday driving?

golf

Will their be a problem of it running lean? I dont want to sound like a f**k wit that knows nothing but dont want to spend all that lolly and find that itll f**k the motor. Oh and cheers for your advice on this mate.

Quote: Originally posted by st33ly on 11 November 2004

Will their be a problem of it running lean? I dont want to sound like a f**k wit that knows nothing but dont want to spend all that lolly and find that itll f**k the motor. Oh and cheers for your advice on this mate.
Just an exhaust wont make you run lean enough for any problems.

if somebody has space i think i have it on vid.....i think

I had an OMP GrpA on my clio, its loud, raspy, hangs average, cheap...its meant to be bashed and replaced often. THye dont last, the welds blow, they rust fast etc.....

but for the money, they are fun lol.

the 172 sounds nice on it, to me.

golf

Once again edde big thanks! Unless anyone is selling a supersprint by tomorrow morning then ill order this tomorrow + Ill post pics as soon as its fitted!

golf

I know taking the thing of every so often is going to be a right pain in the arse! Its the thought that counts though!

Just my 2p worth.

I used to run heavily modded Mk2 XR2s. I used Grp N Ashley exhausts and manifolds. One day at the rollers, I ran my XR up and read 131bhp (1600cc still!), then changed the exhaust to a magnex system and manifold. Ran the motor again and read 124bhp. Grp N is the way to go. In my case, the Magnex looked the part but it was twice the price of the Ashley. Granted, the ashley was lucky if it lasted a year:eek:

golf

Ive got it but think am going to struggle to fit it myself! Ive tried to undo the cat bolts and i cant get the manifold -cat bolts undone also! Anyone any sugestions?

i have the devil grp n system on my williams, its not fairing to bad at mo, bit rusty being mild steel but sounds nice n raspy, and rally type sound as a friend has told me, have scorpion decat though

prefer it to magnex i had on previous cars

golf

Am try to fit it myself @ the moment but its not happening. Cant get the manifold studs to exhaust studs of!!! Bugger!

i had to hacksaw my bolts off luckly my kit came with new bolts it took bloody ages but worth it do these systems have striaght through center sections